Ron Washington Teaches CJ Wilson a Lesson

Last night, Wilson entered the game in the top of the eighth inning with the Rangers holding a six-run lead over the visiting New York Yankees.

Wilson threw 22 pitches … and was not impressive.  He walked Bobby Abreu, hit Alex Rodriguez, struck out Xavier Nady, walked Robinson Cano, and then, with a 0-1 count, served up Richie Sexson’s 15th Career Grand Slam.

And then it got ugly.

Texas manager Ron Washington came in to yank Wilson before he could give the Yankees the keys to the stadium.  As Washington made it to the mound, Wilson started to walk off the field and flipped the ball to Washington.

Washington would have none of that.  He stopped Wilson, gave him back the ball, and made him hand the ball back to him. Here's the video

Guest BCNatureBoy

Man, I love it. Ron Washington gained a fan here. I also liked seeing Charlie Manuel of the Phillies benching Jimmy Rollins (2007 MVP) this year for not hustling and being late for games. Its nice to see someone standup to these spoiled players and teach them that they are part of the game and not bigger than the game, no matter who they are. I have really become a Rangers fan this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba