Besides the 21 points given up how did Dayton's defense look?

Comments and thoughts on how Daytons Defense looked and standout looking players??

I thought they looked scrappy. They only gave up 14 points as one of the TD's was an INT returned for a TD. One of the 2 TD'S they did give up was when the offense turned the ball over on the 3. They did some bending, but didn't break. We drove inside the 10 a couple of times and came away with no points. Overall, they looked pretty good.

They look really good. Several kids stepped up last night. Tony Hill dominated the line and was in the back field in the quarterback's face on a regular basis. I'm glad they moved him from O-line to nose guard. As the other poster stated, they were scrappy. Xavier Baldwin had a pick to end WOS's first series and they held their own the rest of the game. I really couldn't tell who everyone was since they are going with no names on the backs of their jerseys and no roster last night. It seemed several sophomores and juniors stepped up.

Guest 1armpirate

To me it looked like a good scrimmage..two great teams that you know will have the kinks worked out before opening week..WOS gets alot out of scrimmaging a top 4a team.  Even though they have Vidor next week, vidor will give them a good warm up before the season starts.

If Vidor didnt give them a good "look" then Coach hooks wouldnt be putting them on the schedule every year.

Dayton and WOS will make a nice run well into the playoffs...

From the WOS fans the Broncos haven't lost a step from last year and that's scary seeing they pulled the horses at halftime and lost 5 starters on defense before the season started.     

I wouldn't say the pulled "the starters". They pulled Dugat and Green, the rest were the same. The back up QB looked very sharp. They didn't miss a beat in the passing game with him in there.

being a mustang fan from what i saw was a very well coached bunch a kids that did a super job. the only bright spot for wo-s was garrett  with  NO blockers he still  ave  about 6 yards a run not that bad but did not touch the ball all that much last night. dayton should win it all ,but being fair to nederland folks i feel like it will be a dog fight for that #1 spot

The Dayton defense did not give up 21 points.

One touchdown was a legit offensive score, one TD was done by the defense, and the other was from a fumble recovered at the 4 yard line.

I don't think in the first half that WOS had a drive where they had three successive first downs.

Dayton still has a lot of overall speed on defense.

Was very interesting seeing how WOS did not double up on AJ.

They played zone all night and Cody was able to find AJ all night.

WOS has some excellent athletes.

Dayton looked very impressive for their first scrimmage.

Can't wait till Bay City comes a calling on the 29th.

LET FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS BEGIN!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba