IT ALL STARTS THIS WEEK ! !

This is the week we have all been counting down to!

For all the SETXsports members that have children in school, GOOD LUCK TO THEM!

GOOD LUCK to all the young men who will be doing their best every play and the coaches that will be having an ever lasting impact on their lifes in both the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

I have been watching the Bronco Friday Night Lights 2007 DVD over and over.

What a season the Bronco fans were treated to last year, hopefully this year the Bronco's season will last one more game.

The National Anthem will be played by hundreds of high school bands across the state of Texas in the 7:00 hour this Friday.  LET THE SEASON BEGIN

To close this post I would like to share some memories I have of growing up in Port Neches during the 70's and the memories I have now of watching the junior high kids I teach grow up as students in Dayton High School.  All of us should be very thankful for the coaches and teachers that are responsible for what we see on the field each week.

MY TOP TEN FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS MEMORIES!

1.  What was the first song I learned as a student in PN-G?  CHEROKEE

The memories I have of that song being played in front of tens of thousands during the 1970's playoff runs, still gives me goose bumps today.

2.  Playing football during the summer as a young kid and wanting to be not Roger Staubach or Tony Dorsett, but Richy Etheridge (the PN-G QB).

3.  Being in Texas Stadium in 1977 along with 49,000 plus Plano and PN-G fans.  It is still the most attended football game in Texas.

4.  The game I remember the most at the Reservation was the 1980 PN-G vs TJ game.  Dodge and Duhon prevailed that game 14 to 13, but what a game.  I never will forget the thousands of people standing along the fence line.  Probably one of the largest crowds to watch a football game at the Reservation.

5.  The school wide pep rallies we had when I was an elementary student before the playoff games.  They would play Cherokee over and over on the school PA system.  The boys would dance around like the Indian Spirit and the girls would do the cheerleader, Indianette, or twirler dance to the song.  We were only in third and fourth grade, but we knew the routines at that young of an age.

6.  I was going into high school when BISD was forced to integrate, I remember the turmoil of closing down South Park and Hebert and all the upset parents and students.  West Brook winning state in their first year was a present from the heavens for the kids and adults of Beaumont.

7.  The Marching I.  No other band has an ending to their halftime that compares to the Marching I.

8.  Being an employee here in Dayton (the first athletic trainer in 1992) and watching what has happened to this community with the success of the high school football program.  Some say it is only a football game, but the resulting impact of a successful varsity football program can not be underestimated.  Coach Stewart has done more than build a successful over all athletic program here in Dayton, he has helped Dayton ISD become better.

9.  My first classroom rule is ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.  To here a Bronco player running off the field and as he passes me while I am videoing and says "Always Believe".  PRICELESS!!!

10.  Finally, last season two big games.  When Dayton put up 63 points on my arch rival Bulldogs in Nederland, what a game.  If only the Bronco Band could have played Cherokee (just once) it would have been the icing on the cake, and the Bronco victory over Waller in the quarter finals.  What an AWEsome finish to the game.

You got my 10 all time memories, why don't you share some, either as an adult, student, or athlete.

The memories that will be made on Friday Nights this year, is what it all comes down to!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS AND....

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

This is the week we have all been counting down to!

For all the SETXsports members that have children in school, GOOD LUCK TO THEM!

GOOD LUCK to all the young men who will be doing their best every play and the coaches that will be having an ever lasting impact on their lifes in both the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

I have been watching the Bronco Friday Night Lights 2007 DVD over and over.

What a season the Bronco fans were treated to last year, hopefully this year the Bronco's season will last one more game.

The National Anthem will be played by hundreds of high school bands across the state of Texas in the 7:00 hour this Friday.  LET THE SEASON BEGIN

To close this post I would like to share some memories I have of growing up in Port Neches during the 70's and the memories I have now of watching the junior high kids I teach grow up as students in Dayton High School.  All of us should be very thankful for the coaches and teachers that are responsible for what we see on the field each week.

MY TOP TEN FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS MEMORIES!

1.  What was the first song I learned as a student in PN-G?  You are my sunshine

The memories I have of that song being played in front of tens of thousands during the 1970's playoff runs, still gives me goose bumps today.

2.  Playing football during the summer as a young kid and wanting to be not Roger Staubach or Tony Dorsett, but George Micheals (the PN-G wide receiver).

3.  Being in Texas Stadium in 1977 along with 49,000 plus Plano and PN-G fans.  It is still the most attended football game in Texas.

4.  The game I remember the most at the Reservation was the 1980 PN-G vs TJ game.  Dodge and Duhon prevailed that game 14 to 13, but what a game.  I never will forget the thousands of people standing along the fence line.  Probably one of the largest crowds to watch a football game at the Reservation.

5.  The school wide pep rallies we had when I was an elementary student before the playoff games.  They would play twinkle twinkle little star over and over on the school PA system.  The boys would dance around like the Indian Spirit and the girls would do the cheerleader, Indianette, or twirler dance to the song.  We were only in third and fourth grade, but we knew the routines at that young of an age.

6.  I was going into high school when BISD was forced to integrate, I remember the turmoil of closing down South Park and Hebert and all the upset parents and students.  West Brook winning state in their first year was a present from the heavens for the kids and adults of Beaumont.

7.  The Marching Q.  No other band has an ending to their halftime that compares to the Marching Q.

8.  Being an employee here in Dayton (sucks) and watching what has happened to this community with the success of the high school football program.  Some say it is only a football game, but the resulting impact of a successful varsity football program can not be underestimated.  Coach Stewart has done more than build a successful over all athletic program here in Dayton, he has helped Dayton ISD become better.

9.  My first classroom rule is ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.  To here a Bronco player running off the field and as he passes me while I am videoing and says "Please no more".  PRICELESS!!!

10.  Finally, last season two big games.  When Dayton put up 63 points on my arch rival Bulldogs in Nederland, what a game.  If only the Bronco Band could have played Cherokee (just once) it would have been the icing on the cake, and the Bronco lost to Lumberton in the first game of district.  What an AWEsome finish to the game.

You got my 10 all time memories, why don't you share some, either as an adult, student, or athlete.

The memories that will be made on Friday Nights this year, is what it all comes down to!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS AND....

Please no more!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo