Isadore Closing in on Decision

www.texasprepinsider.com

The last three weeks have brought new additions to the Wildcat family, when quarterbacks Ryan Mossakowski and Morgan Newton made their intentions known. Also center Sam Simpson chose to stay in Lexington during that time as well. Now there's a chance that a fourth player will choose Kentucky this week.

Ozen High School (Tx.) linebacker Justin Isadore has narrowed his college choices down the four schools. One of those four schools is Kentucky. The other three schools are Arizona State, Texas Christian and Kansas. "It's pretty even," said Isadore. "Maybe Arizona State and Kentucky have the upper-hand," he said.

Whatever school lands Isadore will receive a playmaker at the linebacker position. Isadore filled up the stat columns last season with 114 tackles, four interceptions and four fumble recoveries.

Isadore has only made two visits, and only one of those to his finalists. "I went and visited Auburn and TCU," he said. Even though he hasn't visited them, Arizona State and Kentucky are a little ahead of the competition.

"Arizona State is a great place. They have a great tradition there and great coaches with coach Erickson. They play in a great conference with the PAC 10," said Isadore.

"With Kentucky, I like being coached by coach Brooks and coach Brown. Coach Brown is a real cool dude. They run a similar defense to what we run with my high school," said Isadore.

Justin also has big plans to follow up an excellent junior year with a spectacular senior campaign. "I want to be defensive MVP of my district. I want to be first team all-state. I also want to play in an All-American game," he said.

There is no particular time that Isadore wants to make his decision this week, but he knows it's coming. "I don't know (what day) yet. It'll probably be sometime this week," he said.

566860.jpg

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo