Nederland's Field

WOW,  :o, I just drove by the Nederland field, on a delivery, and did they ever ruin that field.  The only question I have is WHY?.  Why would you all but ruin your field a week before seasons start for a scrimmage game?  Why not play on an alternate field?

There are two theories behind this.

A. They are prepping the field for WO-S.  This mud pit is gonna take a lot of speed away from WO-S.  What will really be funny is if Nederland starts to water the field Thursday night and Friday morning.  That is gonna take a lot of speed away from the Stangs.

B.  They are soooo jealous that their arch rival across the street now has the best stadium in SETX, that they are going to show the voters exactly why they should vote for the bond.

By either one of these theories, it was an immature decision to play on the field and slop it up, at the same time, it seems to be brilliant.

I cant think of any other reason, that a team would intentionally mess their field up a week before kickoff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned sort of the same thing on the Ned/Jasper scrimmage thread last week minus the WO-S "theory".  Im suprised there were no replies then. 

IMO theres no way they would have played that scrimmage at Bulldog Stadium if that bond isnt on the horizon. Even Tom Halliburton was talking about Field Turf in the newspaper the next day because of how bad the field held up.

Brilliant if it passes, stupid if it doesnt but worth the try I guess.

WOW,  :o, I just drove by the Nederland field, on a delivery, and did they ever ruin that field.  The only question I have is WHY?.  Why would you all but ruin your field a week before seasons start for a scrimmage game?  Why not play on an alternate field?

There are two theories behind this.

A. They are prepping the field for WO-S.  This mud pit is gonna take a lot of speed away from WO-S.  What will really be funny is if Nederland starts to water the field Thursday night and Friday morning.  That is gonna take a lot of speed away from the Stangs.

B.  They are soooo jealous that their arch rival across the street now has the best stadium in SETX, that they are going to show the voters exactly why they should vote for the bond.

By either one of these theories, it was an immature decision to play on the field and slop it up, at the same time, it seems to be brilliant.

I cant think of any other reason, at team would intentionnaly mess their field up a week before kickoff.

Other than what you mention, the only other thing I can come up with is that they did not have another field to change the scrimmage to, they couldn't reschedule for another day because Jasper had to scrimmage on Thursday or not scrimmage at all(because they play this Thursday) and the practice field has no lights on it.

Look, I know they had to get the game in, but at what cost???????Ruining your field.  You can bet that if that field meant anything to Nederland, they would not have done it.  It's not like the rain just popped up on them.  It had been raining all week, and they knew it was going to rain on Thursday too.

Move the game to an alternate field....move the game to 5 or 5:30 and play on the practice field.  I don't know all of the resources that they do, and I just came up with 2.  Had I not wanted my home turf all jacked up, and I was the decision maker, I would have found a way to get the scrimmage in without making a mud pit 1 week before game time.

Guest tchawks99

They have a huge field right behind there home stadium..plenty of parking and plenty of places to sit.people could have went to the top of the home side and looked down and watched everything and flimed it as well..whats the excuse now?

Look, I know they had to get the game in, but at what cost???????Ruining your field.  You can bet that if that field meant anything to Nederland, they would not have done it.  It's not like the rain just popped up on them.  It had been raining all week, and they knew it was going to rain on Thursday too.

Move the game to an alternate field....move the game to 5 or 5:30 and play on the practice field.  I don't know all of the resources that they do, and I just came up with 2.  Had I not wanted my home turf all jacked up, and I was the decision maker, I would have found a way to get the scrimmage in without making a mud pit 1 week before game time.

I'm not arguing with you, bro. Just trying to come up with another explanation. I was there, I saw how bad the field got torn up. I've been scratching my head on that one since last week. The explanation that I gave you was the ONLY one I could come up with that did not have an alterior motive. ;)

Just another PNG fan worried that Big NED is going to build a better stadium than them.   If you ever want to see an Indian blow his tipi, just mention the Nederland Bond!!!  They talk about it more than Nederland does.  It will be ok... Mid-County will have two nice stadiums for both teams to play in.  Now as far as WOS "theory" goes,  it would not be the first time a team has pulled some sort of trick to get an advantage.  Sort of how you guys wear purple to make everyone think you are a bunch of sissies.

They have a huge field right behind there home stadium..plenty of parking and plenty of places to sit.people could have went to the top of the home side and looked down and watched everything and flimed it as well..whats the excuse now?

They did that for the freshman and JV. It was to dark to do that for the varsity.

Just another PNG fan worried that Big NED is going to build a better stadium than them.   If you ever want to see an Indian blow his tipi, just mention the Nederland Bond!!!  They talk about it more than Nederland does.  It will be ok... Mid-County will have two nice stadiums for both teams to play in.  Now as far as WOS "theory" goes,  it would not be the first time a team has pulled some sort of trick to get an advantage.  Sort of how you guys wear purple to make everyone think you are a bunch of sissies.

PNG fan?  Hardly.....I am just an avid highschool football fan.  I attend 1 game a week, 2 if there is a game on Saturday.  And, I try to see a different team every outing.  However, I would much rather be a fan of the Indians and wear a purple shirt and clap (like normal fans do) to a fight song, than to be a grown man barking. (<----that is just really strange)  Anyway, hope the advantage works for you Ned.

PNG fan?  Hardly.....I am just an avid highschool football fan. 

Ok, sure...  and that one game you go to just happens to be where PNG plays right?  Well, I guess you will be doing alot of traveling this year, especially since you will not have a home field to play on this year. Oh, and there is nothing normal about a man wearing purple.

Guest tchawks99

PNG fan?  Hardly.....I am just an avid highschool football fan. 

Ok, sure...  and that one game you go to just happens to be where PNG plays right?  Well, I guess you will be doing alot of traveling this year, especially since you will not have a home field to play on this year. Oh, and there is nothing normal about a man wearing purple.

Whoo!!!!! Mid county strangeness!!!

Just another name calling post by a Bulldog fan....CLASSY :-*.  Mooooooom, GoBigBlue1997 is calling people names again.

Just another PNG fan worried that Big NED is going to build a better stadium than them. If you ever want to see an Indian blow his tipi, just mention the Nederland Bond!!! They talk about it more than Nederland does. It will be ok... Mid-County will have two nice stadiums for both teams to play in. Now as far as WOS "theory" goes, it would not be the first time a team has pulled some sort of trick to get an advantage. Sort of how you guys wear purple to make everyone think you are a bunch of sissies.

Just another name calling post by a Bulldog fan....CLASSY :-*.

Are you referring to "sissies". Note that I said make everyone think... not that you are. Have fun at Barbers Hill friday night. Are we meeting up after the game and playing some NCAA 2009?

Just another PNG fan worried that Big NED is going to build a better stadium than them. If you ever want to see an Indian blow his tipi, just mention the Nederland Bond!!! They talk about it more than Nederland does. It will be ok... Mid-County will have two nice stadiums for both teams to play in. Now as far as WOS "theory" goes, it would not be the first time a team has pulled some sort of trick to get an advantage. Sort of how you guys wear purple to make everyone think you are a bunch of sissies.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Just another PNG fan worried that Big NED is going to build a better stadium than them. If you ever want to see an Indian blow his tipi, just mention the Nederland Bond!!! They talk about it more than Nederland does. It will be ok... Mid-County will have two nice stadiums for both teams to play in. Now as far as WOS "theory" goes, it would not be the first time a team has pulled some sort of trick to get an advantage.

Stop being so jealous of PNG & Ned and start worrying about Lumberton and why you guys can't pass a bond.

;D ;D ;D

Just picking!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

agreed.

I think its a legit question and it doesnt matter to me if the Nederland Bond passes or fails.

The field will be just fine by Friday night, if the rain will stay away that is.....Best field crew in the state working at Nederland and if anyone can get it ready, they can and will!!!

this is one thing I will not argue with a Nederland fan about........the grass over there always seems to look nice. Do you think it'll hold up even w/o any rain? I heard it looked bad after last Thursday.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

agreed.

I think its a legit question and it doesnt matter to me if the Nederland Bond passes or fails.

They just wanted Port Neches to remodel their stadium first and then build their own better.  I think it is a classic move myself.  But lets be honest, 2015 is still 6 1/2 years away.  That is a pretty long time and you will be able to say you have the nicer stadium until then.  So, atta boy for you guys!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo