Nederland's Field

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have always wondered about the Nederland field...

It has a good crown in the middle, then chilli dips before the sidelines, so the water can't really drain from the middle of the field off past the sidelines.

It stops before the sidelines, and in that area the field is usually very spongy after a rain.

Was surprised when Dayton played there last year, that it was in the same shape.

Sounds like it really got tore up in the scrimmage, they may be able to get the middle of the field back in good shape, but in front of both sidelines will be the worst spots if we get any rain this week.

Regardless of the field, the game will be played, hopefully no one gets hurt.

Including Monday, we've got 5 good days of sunshine on the field.  Believe me, after a good sun-soaking and a little field dressing by the excellent maintenance crew over there in Nederland, there won't be any excuses come game time.  It's all good football fans!

Regardless of the field condition, I hope WOS fans dodn't make excuses. As long as both teams play on the same field then it's fair. We had a few fans make excuses last year about the LCM game. I hope that doesn't happen this year. If you win by 1 or 100 you still only get 1 win. :)

Including Monday, we've got 5 good days of sunshine on the field.  Believe me, after a good sun-soaking and a little field dressing by the excellent maintenance crew over there in Nederland, there won't be any excuses come game time.  It's all good football fans!

Regardless of the field condition, I hope WOS fans dodn't make excuses. As long as both teams play on the same field then it's fair. We had a few fans make excuses last year about the LCM game. I hope that doesn't happen this year. If you win by 1 or 100 you still only get 1 win. :)

Couldn't have said this better myself. Good post, td.

::) Please, Even the Ned folks are saying Ned doesn't look good right now.

Don't know what they are looking at, I see an offense that WOS will have a hard time stopping and I see a WOS offense that doesn't have the firepower of the past. Defense will play a part in this game but Nederland WILL score and score often.... ;D ;D ;D

JAMES,i will hold you to what you just said young man. let me tell you this we ALL know this will be a very hard played game from both teams and i do belive you know that, if not you should. as for wo-s defense this part we will not haft to worrie about,yes thay will give up some yards becouse nederland is a very well coached football team . as for wo-s  FIREPOWER just dont let them light light the fire are you can turn out the light early

Couldn't have said this better myself. Good post, td.

I agree td. I think this will be a good game. I think both teams have question marks on the O-Line. I think whichever O-Line does a better job will win the game. I have concerns with our 2ndary as well. I agree that the field will not be an issue either. If Nederland can establish a solid running game to complement what should be an excellent passing game then they can be dangerous. If we are one dimensional like last season, then we will again struggle. Just my 2 cents. Hoping for a good and injury free game.

JAMES,i will hold you to what you just said young man. let me tell you this we ALL know this will be a very hard played game from both teams and i do belive you know that, if not you should. as for wo-s defense this part we will not haft to worrie about,yes thay will give up some yards becouse nederland is a very well coached football team . as for wo-s  FIREPOWER just dont let them light light the fire are you can turn out the light early

Agree, hard fought game, but Nederland matches up too well against their weaknesses this year.

Agree, hard fought game, but Nederland matches up too well against their weaknesses this year.

Gotta go with my Orange County neighbors.. WOS... Should be a good one though..

I just passed by the stadium and although I did not get out of the car, the field did not look damaged. There looked like a spot in the end zone, but the rest looked fine. I think it will be in tip top shape by Friday. They did tear it up at the scrimmage though, I was there.

Amen! And that don't go for WOS only. Both sides have been known to have some excuse makers. Not so much the ones who have posted on this thread, but they are lurking in the shadows... :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham