Lamar FB Referenced in CSN Article

A little mention of the Cards and the football on CSN...

And if those developments were not enough, since we last ventured down south, Lamar has announced that they are adding football and will hit the field in 2010. Head coach Ray Woodard has said he would like to schedule as many SLC schools as he can in 2010 before the team joins the conference as a full member in 2011. The Cardinals will give the conference nine members, handing each school four home and four away games in conference on annual basis. This will limit out of conference scheduling to three games.

For 2010, Lamar has already announced a contest against McNeese in Lake Charles to start their return to football. Games against Southeastern Louisiana and Sam Houston State have also been mentioned as potential games for the Cardinals in year one.

This is the hidden content, please

I wonder if Lamar football will hurt SFA as much as it will hurt Mcneese.

SFA was winless. Could Lamar football keep them at the bottom for several years.

I think this is the last year before regional teams begin to feel the Lamar effect.

Each year after that will get worse up to about 4 years when everything begins to stable out.

I wonder if Lamar football will hurt SFA as much as it will hurt Mcneese.

SFA was winless. Could Lamar football keep them at the bottom for several years.

I think this is the last year before regional teams begin to feel the Lamar effect.

Each year after that will get worse up to about 4 years when everything begins to stable out.

SFA is down because they have been thrown coaches left and right the last few years. They try to build up quick with transfers and then they have problems with them. A lot of it has been the bad hire to start all these tumultous changes. A lot of then wanted to get Todd Whitten, who has now led SHSU to three wins over his alma mater, SFA -- including the biggest win in the history of the series!

SHSU is doing a good job of preparing -- which I've noted before. Our recruiting base has expanded because everyone and their mother is recruiting Texas hard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43