*West Brook vs. Central Updates/WB WINS/COMMENTS!*

KFDM COOP

40-10 when the starters came out.  Central lucky to get it's 10.  One pass interference call on 3rd and 17 kept a drive alive and a celebration penalty allowed a field goal right before the half.  Only once or twice did they stop CM for less than 5 yards.  Central did a good job of stacking 7-8 on the line and blitzing early, but in the end, the Central Dline was no match for the Bruins. 

Well, it wasn't necessarily pretty but a win is a win. Central definitely did some good things defensively tonight. That line was able to keep C-Mike in check most of the night. The Bruins looked OK offensively. They looked beter last week, but I think the Jaguar defense really prepared for West Brook and I think it was a great game for both teams. It is something we can build on as there is definitely room for improvement, offensively and defensively. The level of competition for West Brook was better this week than last week, and it is only going to get tougher as the weeks go on. Westfield is gonna bring it next week, but hopefully we will get a full week of practice and will be ready for them. Good game Jags! OK game Bruins. Improvement is necessary in order to compete as a premier team in 5A!

1st String Game

West Brook - 40

Central - 10

2nd/3rd string Game

West Brook - 7

Central - 12

Really Central was quite fortunate to score on us with those 10 points. Three very questionable calls kept their TD drive alive and they werent able to do much after that. Improvement, improvement, improvent...every team needs to improve every week in order to be a top team in any division. I'm looking at the fact that our defense was not fooled a bit by the misdirection. Central broke one run and that was for about 15 yards. I am pleasantly surprised at how well our defense performed on such a rare offense in such little time. We WB fans should be looking at it this way...Defense was great and kept them from moving the ball and the Offense was good but we all know it can be exceptional...build on what we got in front of us. Big win tonight for the Brook. One part of the game that was struggling tonight was the O-Line. They could have given C-Lou much better protection on his passes. C - Lou showed great awareness in the pocket on a few plays but still needs to polish his decision making. Love what I see so far...keep up the good work.

obcowboy

Freshman

[applaud] [smite]

Re: *West Brook vs. Central/BEAUMONT BOWL SERIES PREDICTIONS*?

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 01:38:58 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: besbolbenbedygud on September 04, 2008, 12:23:47 PM

The only thing the game between PA and Central proves is how bad WB will beat both of them...............I'm half right this year and hmmmm..............I'll take westend1's over (30 1/2) and go with yeoj's score range and say 45-10 Brook!!!

Wow, you Jokers are on fire!  I can't believe that!  Central is better than what you think...If WB puts it on Central the way you claim they will....well, let's just say I expect to see pigs flying!  This is not Ozen's D and from what I understand

I think I just saw a pig fly by!      ;D ;D

First of all, I want to congradulate Brook for the win.  We gave it all we had and it was close until the 3rd.  Yall will beat every team and will give NS all they want in week 10.

Christine Michael showed us the whole package tonight.  He Showed us the soft hands on several short passes and one screen pass he took to paydirt.  That same screen pass, he showed his speed by outrunning the whole team, including his own teammates.  He showed us his power by refusing to go down on the first hit.  Even when he was hit hard, she shrugged it off and if not grabbed by another defender, kept going.  He even ran over one of our defenders in full stride for a TD.  He showed his vision by ALWAYS finding the seam or hole in our defense and darting through it with no regards to human life.  He runs with a purpose on EVERY play.  He is every bit of the best running back in the state, people. 

Even when our defense was keying in on the run, and left single coverage on the receivers, they caught everything!  Penalties sometimes slowed this offense down.  Third quarter was the begining of the end for us. 

We had our chances, but we got bogged down.  There was the kickoff when the ball hit one of our special teams player in the leg and Brook recovered.  There was the one fumble when we was in position to score. 

Brook adjusted to our pressure on the QB.  I just cannot believe how Brook turned it on to that next level.  We lost this to the superior team, and they get good luck wishes the rest of the way from this Jag fan.  This may be the toughest team that we will face this year.  I hope for better things from my Jags from this point forward...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo