Central-vs- Ball?

Crush#1!

Next up for Central is Galveston Ball. Ball thumped LaMarque 35-6 which is highly unusual. LM is down this yr. Ball runs the option out of the "I" ,good sized linemen and a qb with sprinter speed and a 250lb fb. Their defense is primarily a run stopper, the db's are suspect on the pass. LM had a total of 10yds rushing.  I saw Central when they scrimmaged LM and LM's #1's held their own against the Jags. In the ot session LM scored twice and Central didn't score at all. Ball's smashmouth offense will be in the triangle Fri Nite. Predictions anyone? Well I'll start it with =

Ball-35

Central-10

Jags have gotten a lot better since that scrimmage.  Besides, Ball's 250 lbs. fullback cannot run a 4.5-4.4.  Central 28-13.

Have the Jags got enough offense to score that much? Give me some scenarios. Ball has also some decent rb's. But if Central can hold off the pass rush I say they can keep it close. Was West Brooks defense that stout or the Jags that weak? I'm just going by what I saw in the scrimmage LM was able to run on the Jags #1 defense. LM's #1 defense held the Jags #1 offense in check (shut out).The only bright spot in the LM/Jag scrimmage was the JV which Central dominated,but LM's best underclassmen are Varsity. LM will be a beast in two yrs. By the looks of things the Jags still have not been able to stop the run and Ball is all about running it down your throat.  The Jags "O" line might be over matched. I just hope the storm doesn't cancel this game.

Jags have gotten a lot better since that scrimmage.  Besides, Ball's 250 lbs. fullback cannot run a 4.5-4.4.  Central 28-13.

Have the Jags got enough offense to score that much? Give me some scenarios. Ball has also some decent rb's. But if Central can hold off the pass rush I say they can keep it close. Was West Brooks defense that stout or the Jags that weak? I'm just going by what I saw in the scrimmage LM was able to run on the Jags #1 defense. LM's #1 defense held the Jags #1 offense in check (shut out).The only bright spot in the LM/Jag scrimmage was the JV which Central dominated,but LM's best underclassmen are Varsity. LM will be a beast in two yrs. By the looks of things the Jags still have not been able to stop the run and Ball is all about running it down your throat.  The Jags "O" line might be over matched. I just hope the storm doesn't cancel this game.

I have not seen Ball play this year or in a while.  I have a contact that lives in that area and I trust his analysis on Ball.

Brook?  You can move the ball on Brook's defense but they will stiffen up in the red zone.  Put it like this.  If your team turns the ball over, Brooks offense is so good, if you give them any good starting field position, they will make you pay.  The score was close in the first half and we started turning the ball over.

Our offense is not weak and our defense is impressing me.  But Ball High does not have the #1 running back in the state like Brook does.  Like I said, this will be a good game, man.

Ball is good this year...If Galveston has to evcuate though the game will be cancelled.

Before I'd buy into Ball being a good team I'd  like to see them beat a team with winning record. Even though they demolished Lamarque, the Coogs  are down this yr. Central will I think rise to the challenge. I'm hoping I can see the game.

I have not seen Ball play this year or in a while.  I have a contact that lives in that area and I trust his analysis on Ball.

Brook?  You can move the ball on Brook's defense but they will stiffen up in the red zone.  Put it like this.  If your team turns the ball over, Brooks offense is so good, if you give them any good starting field position, they will make you pay.  The score was close in the first half and we started turning the ball over.

Our offense is not weak and our defense is impressing me.  But Ball High does not have the #1 running back in the state like Brook does.  Like I said, this will be a good game, man.

Crush, you're killing me with these comments!  The Jags #1 Offense scored twice on LM #1 D...and in the quarter neither team scored and the Jags had one posession while LM had two.  The Jags scored on the ground and through the air and like Soulja said we are getting better each and everyday.  It's hard to judge a team from a scrimmage b/c both teams keep it real vanilla...I know the Jags just lost to a good team in Brook; how good is yet to be determind.  I think that GBall will be very tough.  This was a big rivalry game that was taken off the schedule a while back for various reasons.  It should be a lot of smash mouth football and it should fit us well!  They are big, fast, and strong...oOh, I am looking forward to this one. 

Rain...Rain...stay away...Hurricane Ike don't come this way!

Crush, you're killing me with these comments!  The Jags #1 Offense scored twice on LM #1 D...and in the quarter neither team scored and the Jags had one posession while LM had two.  The Jags scored on the ground and through the air and like Soulja said we are getting better each and everyday.  It's hard to judge a team from a scrimmage b/c both teams keep it real vanilla...I know the Jags just lost to a good team in Brook; how good is yet to be determind.  I think that GBall will be very tough.  This was a big rivalry game that was taken off the schedule a while back for various reasons.  It should be a lot of smash mouth football and it should fit us well!  They are big, fast, and strong...oOh, I am looking forward to this one. 

Rain...Rain...stay away...Hurricane Ike don't come this way!

. But never the less. If Ball does beat Central it won't raise any eyebrows, this isn't the Central team of old.Ball coming off a dismall season also and didn't make the post season just like the Jags.

After watching my Jags Friday, I must say I do not like our chances against a good running team. Our D-linemen are too few. We line up three on the line. Our Linebackers line up 2 yds behind them. We have no real size on our D-line. That is a problem with that set we'er running. We got absolutely no penertration against the bruins. We need a hole plugger in the middle to disrupt the run. WB ran between our tackles at will. I hope WB was just that good and this week we iron out the kinks from Friday night. I'm begining to lose confidence in this organize chaos thing. I guest Enouch has ruined me with his stingy D's of the pass. I say we bring Enouch back to bolster our defense 8)

After watching my Jags Friday, I must say I do not like our chances against a good running team. Our D-linemen are too few. We line up three on the line. Our Linebackers line up 2 yds behind them. We have no real size on our D-line. That is a problem with that set we'er running. We got absolutely no penertration against the bruins. We need a hole plugger in the middle to disrupt the run. WB ran between our tackles at will. I hope WB was just that good and this week we iron out the kinks from Friday night. I'm begining to lose confidence in this organize chaos thing. I guest Enouch has ruined me with his stingy D's of the pass. I say we bring Enouch back to bolster our defense 8)

I don't think this game is gonna happen, but, if it does, Central will be fine unless the Ball line is really huge.  i didn't see that much difference between the Central run defense and Lufkin, to be honest.  They got pressure early, but I think got a little discouraged late.  If they can stay close, they will be tough.

Our D plays multiple fronts...Coach used his "nickle D" against WB and PA b/c of the spread!  Against a power running team like GBall expect to see 4 man fronts with 8 or 9 in the box!  Since Stowers arrival our D has been one of the best in the area...minus last season when he was an Offensive Coach...now he's running his stuff and running it well!  Them other dudes are gone...for whatever reason...he's here now and we better hope we can keep him!  CM was kept 80yds under his average for the season...I like what we've got!  The kids love it too!  We just have to keep up the effort and maybe get a couple more horses out.  They held out a couple of DL for discipline issues!  One of which is a big run stopper! 

Not to mention the entire first team was pulled at the end of the 3rd quarter. Had he played the entire game, he could have easily hit 200 yards!! Belie Dat! ;)

Not so fast there Bucko!  (Lee Corso)  The entire D was not pulled untill the two last drives of the game.  The only changes made to the defense was the two Defensive Tackles....YeaH

Not to mention the entire first team was pulled at the end of the 3rd quarter. Had he played the entire game, he could have easily hit 200 yards!! Belie Dat! ;)

Not so fast there Bucko!  (Lee Corso)  The entire D was not pulled untill the two last drives of the game.  The only changes made to the defense was the two Defensive Tackles....YeaH

??? Are you talking about the offense or defense, cowboy? Because the first team offense was pulled at the end of the third quarter. That's what I was talking about. Had C-Mike played the entire game, he might have gotten close to 200 yards. BUCKO! :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo