After 2 Weeks Who Do You See In 20 4A Making The Top 4?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tchawks99

I know this is a little off topic..But I still disagree with 4 teams going to the playoffs.

it will be watered down..

PNG looks to be tough..wouldnt be surprised if they win it all.....

1. or 2.  PNG -  good team

1. or 2.  Nederland - good team

3.  Lumberton - good team

4.  Central - good team /mental mistakes & turnovers key

5.  Ozen  -  good team /  same

6.  Vidor  -  good team / remains to be seen how good

7.  Livingston - good team / unkown

8.  LCM  -  not a good team

1 - 7 could all be play-off teams . there is still alot of fine tuning to be done.

If 3A WOS was still 4A they would win DC.

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor,Lumberton, Livingston

Do not count Nederland out of first as the preseason rankings predicted, they started the season against a very fast WOS team and without at least 3 of their starters.

Yes, but they are a 3a school.  A avg/good 4a school should beat a GREAT 3a school.

1. Nederland                                                                                                                            2. P.N.G.                                                                                                                                3. Livingston                                                                                                                          4. Ozen                                                                                                                                 

1. Nederland                                                                                                                            2. P.N.G.                                                                                                                                3. Livingston                                                                                                                           4. Ozen                                                                                                                                 

Exactally what have you seen from Nederland to justify them being so far ahead of everyone else? Not being critical, just curious. 

Guest maverick24

Central

Ozen

Livingston

PN-G/Vidor

Lumberton

PNG

Nederland

Top three in any order last spot either

Central or Vidor

I Knew SFA was a Raider Hater but didnt know he hated Ned. as well LOL

1. Nederland                                                                                                                            2. P.N.G.                                                                                                                                3. Livingston                                                                                                                           4. Ozen                                                                                                                                 

Exactally what have you seen from Nederland to justify them being so far ahead of everyone else? Not being critical, just curious. 

Nederland will be ready, we are not playing Private Schools to get ready for District, we will have everyone heathly hopefully. Like i said on a previous post i see us going 0-3 and 7-0. As far as being so far ahead of everyone else i do not understand that comment. All you have to do is win by 1 but you are ready know that.

Guest tchawks99

1. Central

2. PN-G

3. Nederland

4. Ozen

I believe you have to look what teams have played quality opponents..

Nederland has played WOS..  PNG just got out of a battle with Crosby.

Central played west Brook.

Lumberton gets a big win at the Hill..BUT how good is the Hill?? Vidor played Kelly, but it was close.then they played St.Thomas who wasn't very good..

It's a different ball game when district starts..

So the question is what pays off better ,playing top notch quality opponents or playing weaker teams and building confidence???

I will let you decide.

Central

Ozen

Livingston

PN-G/Vidor

Lumberton

PNG

Nederland

Top three in any order last spot either

Central or Vidor

I Knew SFA was a Raider Hater but didnt know he hated Ned. as well LOL

The Dayton coach said y'all wasn't much competition in that little thing I like to call a scrimmage.  Word is Ltown is big but slow....

Nederland can't run nor stop the run and with 7 schools in 204A being run heavy, they will have to learn how to do both quickly.  PN-G is still young on defense.  Also, eventhough both Central and Ozen run first, they show an ability to throw the rock at any time.  I try to use logic instead of emotions when chatting with you laddies.....

1. Central

2. PN-G

3. Nederland

4. Ozen

So the question is what pays off better ,playing top notch quality opponents or playing weaker teams and building confidence???

I will let you decide.

This is same question that is asked every year and you can argue it either way.  Last year Lumberton played a "weak" non-district schedule and went on to a co-district championship.  Ozen always plays tough non-district games and has not made the play-offs since whenever.  I see no real benefit from playing tough opponents other than bragging rights and confidence (assuming you win).  I am not saying I don't encourage teams to play tough games, I am just saying I see no "real" advantage.  Having said that, Nederland really needs to step up this week and show me something or it is a 4th place finish for me.  I think it would look like this:

1.PN-G

2.Central

3.Lumberton

4.Livingston/Nederland/Ozen

If Nederland plays well aginst Waller and Friendswood, I could move them all the way up to the top of my pre-district rankings.

1. Central  ::)

2. PN-G

3. Vidor

4. Livingston/Ozen

Vidor had two backs go over 2oo each...this might be their year!  Livingston got knocked out by Dayton in the 3rd or 4th round last season...I don't think they'll be soft...could be wrong haven't heard a lot about them...I'll say it again...I like what we've got!  If Ozen can have their come to Jesus meeting and iron out somethings...they'll be back on track soon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo