Whos the NL Cy Young favorite?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Whos the NL Cy Young favorite?

• Brandon Webb 19-7, 3.41 era, 166k, 57bb
    • Tim Lincecum 16-3, 2.54 era, 225k, 74bb
    • Ryan Dempster 15-6, 2.99 era, 167k, 72bb
    • Brad Lidge 35 saves, 0 blown saves, 2.11 era, 2-0
    • Edinson Volquez 16-5, 3.23 era, 184k, 80bb

I think the Cy Young will come down to 2 candidates, Webb and Lincecum.  A month ago, everyone said this was Webb's award, but now i dont know if thats the case.  Webb has really struggled down the stretch, opening the door for Tim Lincecum.  I now think Lincecum is the favorite to win the Cy Young.  Webb will likely get his 20th win, and could probably reach 21-22 wins, but Lincecum could hit 18-19 wins, with almost a full run lower in era.  You also figure in that Lincecum has 2 more quality starts and has started 1 less game than Webb.  Plus Lincecum has only 3 losses on one of the worst teams in the NL, thats pretty impressive... I think unless Webb can go on a big run to finish the season, Lincecum will win the Cy Young.  Considering i hear Webb is pitching with a possible injury, i dont know if that will happen...

Brandon Webb will likely get to 20 wins, and he'll be the only one.  That will probably get him the award.

Ruckdad, are you saying he will only get the award based on that?  Who do you think deserves the award though?

If anyone posts on this thread, tell us who you think will get the award and who deserves the award, because those 2 could be different.

I think it's a two horse race, and both guys probably deserve it.  But the name of the game for starting pitchers is to win games.  Webb will have the most wins, and by a pretty wide margin this year.  If Lincecum was on almost any other team he wins 25 or so and gets the CY YOung easily, but it's Webb's this year.

I think it's a two horse race, and both guys probably deserve it.  But the name of the game for starting pitchers is to win games.  Webb will have the most wins, and by a pretty wide margin this year.  If Lincecum was on almost any other team he wins 25 or so and gets the CY YOung easily, but it's Webb's this year.

Exactly...I'd love to see Lincecum win it.....but it's Webb..No argument here. If it wasn't about wins, Ryan could've won several w/ the Astros.

Lincecum should get it, and i think he will.  it's not going be lost on the voters that he's put up unbelievable numbers for a terrible team.  the last i heard, the giants didn't have a player with 10 HR's yet.  the fact that he only has 3 losses for a team which consistently scores very few runs is the most telling statistic to me. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou