A ? for the West Brook guru's

akifan94

What is the story on C. Micheal. Grades? Outside influences? Attitude? I am trying to get why a 5 star RB is not being offered by Texas ( I know the company line of only taking one RB, but that does not fly for me), LSU appears to be not offering according to people connected to their program, and OU does not seem to be a player. What gives? Is it simply a numbers thing for the other teams?(which does not make sense giving the talent). A&M is in for him but quiet frankly have become a second tier school. I am not trying to imply anything negative, just want to hear some of the locals take on things.

It is not "my" sources. Texas did not offer, unless there are some under the table talks. tigerbait.com is reporting they will not offer due to persuing other prospects (Trent Richardson, Lache Seastrunk (10')). Oklahoma has never been a real player. I see offers from Miami, Arkansas, Florida but no real interest. I would love to see him in burnt orange, and he himself claims to have grown up a Longhorn fan. He committed to A&M and then de-committed with everything pointing to LSU. Now rumblings having them not offering. Maybe the rumblings are wrong. I was just looking for some insight. It seems like a top 50 national talent would have teams all over him, and maybe they are, but no one besides A&M seem to be pushing hard. I was just looking for some enlightment from some of you closer to the program.

It is not "my" sources. Texas did not offer, unless there are some under the table talks. tigerbait.com is reporting they will not offer due to persuing other prospects (Trent Richardson, Lache Seastrunk (10')). Oklahoma has never been a real player. I see offers from Miami, Arkansas, Florida but no real interest. I would love to see him in burnt orange, and he himself claims to have grown up a Longhorn fan. He committed to A&M and then de-committed with everything pointing to LSU. Now rumblings having them not offering. Maybe the rumblings are wrong. I was just looking for some insight. It seems like a top 50 national talent would have teams all over him, and maybe they are, but no one besides A&M seem to be pushing hard. I was just looking for some enlightment from some of you closer to the program.

Guess I don't understand your post.  You say you have been in contact with people connected to LSU, but they are not "your sources".  Whoever they are, they are misinformed.

Scooter you need to do your reading. Your a good poster but right now UT has alot of problems at Tailback. they havent had a run from the Tailback position over 16 yards against Rice, UTEP and FAU. Colt McCoy is the leading rusher. and its looking more like Chris Whatley will grow out of the Tailback position like Henry Melton did. Right now he is 6'3" 233 and alot of people are saying hes a great talent but not a tailback. On the roster they have Fozzy Whittacter (however you spell it) who has had 2 minor knee injuries this year. Cody Johnson who is 6'1" 260 and looks good but not a game breaker. Vondrell Mcgee who hasnt played well this year and the 2 freshman Trey Newton and Jeremy Hills who are not big time talents like Micheals is considered. Westend1... akiman isnt wrong, Michaels at the moment does not hold Offers from LSU, UT, or OU. LSU just made the decision yesterday not to offer Micheals. Their are also rumors that Florida's offer doesnt stand anymore. UT from what I understand flirted with the idea early in the recruiting process but decided Whatly was their guy for 09 and look to take 2 in 2010. OU is rumored to be slow playing Micheals but no one really knows if they are gonna offer because they have a back they like commited already. I think UT should offer him but I dont work their. You can count on one hand how many backs the size of Whatly are walking around.

Guess I don't understand your post.  You say you have been in contact with people connected to LSU, but they are not "your sources".  Whoever they are, they are misinformed.

Pay attention to what you read. I said people connected to the LSU program and even said it came from tigerbait.com. I never anywhere said "my" sources or anything like that. The fact is the three best programs in his regional recruiting area, which happens to be three of the best programs in the country, are backing off of him. He has the size, speed, and skills. He has the hype as a top 50 national player. He has the stats. He has the grades and positive attitude according to you. So what gives? I don't care if teams have 10 RB's. If you have a top 50 national talent down the road, you recruit him. PERIOD. That apparently is not happening right now. All I am asking is why? I thought maybe some of you Brook lovers on here could enlighten me. Fact is Arkansas sucks. Miami already has a commit from Bryce Brown, the top RB in the country, and A&M is lucky to be the 4th or 5th best team in the state, much less the country. So who is left? I did not want this thread to go this route, but if you are going to call me out, then back up what you are saying. I have layed it all out. Like I said, I was just looking for some info to satisfy my own curiosity. There are rumor$ of a "$treet agent" getting involved. I was hoping that was not the case. Thats all.

I got to church with this kid, his mother baked my wedding cake.  The kid sits on the front row at church with the Men.  He is very respectful, attentive, and he is NOT disruptive.  He lives in the Westend of BMT in a quiet neighborhood.  He doesn't run in a crowd and he has good people in his life supporting him... As you put it street or hood issues are not an issue.  But I guess sometimes Black = Street! But I don't know about his SAT!!!

Scout.com shows him having offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, and A&M and it is usually pretty accurate.

This is the hidden content, please

The issues are that this kid has publically stated that he prefers to stay close to home and recruits know that.  ANd he has shared time his entire career. 

Fact is LSU has signed two top ten tailbacks, Texas has signed Whaley, OU has two young Good backs there now, Miami has the number one, Florida has the USC RB for next year, Arkansas is not elite, UT is losing recuiting battles left and right for QBs and RBs for the last three years....  UT's new system is not RB friendly and people know that.

Oh and I am a Jaguar Fan Baby!!!!

I got to church with this kid, his mother baked my wedding cake.  The kid sits on the front row at church with the Men.  He is very respectful, attentive, and he is NOT disruptive.  He lives in the Westend of BMT in a quiet neighborhood.  He doesn't run in a crowd and he has good people in his life supporting him... As you put it street or hood issues are not an issue.  But I guess sometimes Black = Street! But I don't know about his SAT!!!

Scout.com shows him having offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, and A&M and it is usually pretty accurate.

The issues are that this kid has publically stated that he prefers to stay close to home and recruits know that.  ANd he has shared time his entire career. 

Fact is LSU has signed two top ten tailbacks, Texas has signed Whaley, OU has two young Good backs there now, Miami has the number one, Florida has the USC RB for next year, Arkansas is not elite, UT is losing recuiting battles left and right for QBs and RBs for the last three years....  UT's new system is not RB friendly and people know that.

The issues are that this kid has publically stated that he prefers to stay close to home and recruits know that. Very important statement.

Thanks for the reply. But, when I said street agent I was not talking about being "street". There were rumors of someone trying to steer him one way or another and looking for a payout off his talents (street agent). Like I said, LSU has backed off. Take them off that list and it is not overly impressive for a top 50 talent. CM fits the Texas scheme perfect, and I would love to see him at UT. This is not a knock on him. I wanted to get some background with all the rumors flying around and you filled me in, thanks.

PS, good luck to your Jags this year. I really like their coach.

The issues are that this kid has publically stated that he prefers to stay close to home and recruits know that. Very important statement.

Ok, but it still does not explain why the three CLOSEST elite programs to him have not offered that anyone knows of. Where he wants to stay and where he has options to go have to line up. Why de-commit from aggy if they are the only "local" program showing a lot of interest? Hopefully Mack wakes up, and offers. I do not want to have to watch him in the backfield of the opposing team.

Well after LSU signed two top ten back then they should back off... He waited too long and LSU kept on moving like big time programs do!  I would love to see him at UT especially because they run the same type of offense he is currently involved in.  I will ask my cousin, hes on the UT coaching staff, why the Longhorns have not offered. 

Michaels will be a late signee and he probably joins his teammates at A&M.  When you commit early, teams stop offerring and I believe that along with the factors I mentioned earlier have added to his delimma. 

If there is an issue with a street agent... That is just too bad... He is tooo young to start letting anything sway him but the judgement of his parents and his personal judgement.

You know they don't respect this area anyway.  They are like 'there is no way that Beaumont West Brook will have a chance to beat us.  We will be the laughing stock of the state'.  I think that they know Brook have an extremely good team and given the chance, Brook will run the score up on them.  

Yes, I'm calling the state out.  Anyone, play the Brook!!!

You know they don't respect this area anyway.  They are like 'there is no way that Beaumont West Brook will have a chance to beat us.  We will be the laughing stock of the state'.  I think that they know Brook have an extremely good team and given the chance, Brook will run the score up on them.  

ck your PM

Well after LSU signed two top ten back then they should back off... He waited too long and LSU kept on moving like big time programs do!  I would love to see him at UT especially because they run the same type of offense he is currently involved in.  I will ask my cousin, hes on the UT coaching staff, why the Longhorns have not offered. 

Michaels will be a late signee and he probably joins his teammates at A&M.  When you commit early, teams stop offerring and I believe that along with the factors I mentioned earlier have added to his delimma. 

If there is an issue with a street agent... That is just too bad... He is tooo young to start letting anything sway him but the judgement of his parents and his personal judgement.

this is not true schools will still offer and pursue no matter if your commited or not

you couldnt be more right...thats exactly how they are...yet they wont give us a chance to prove ourselves to them

thats exactly the reason i was looking forward to facing westfield ike and katy so we can get state recognition...nope of course that doesnt happen

texas needs to offer this kid

hes good

mac get to it!

and to all the brook fans saying that everyone is dodging them

think about it this way guys:

fly under the radar and supries everyone in the playoffs

(can you say new york giants last year)

good luck to the brook

hope this kid has a monster game somewhere while mac is watchin...

would hate to see him go to a&m and trample us :-(

that would be absolutely disgusting

hes good

mac get to it!

good luck to the brook

sorry vidorpirate c-mic ruled out texas a while back...they already have a bunch of RBs and he didnt like the atmosphere up there

hes good

mac get to it!

good luck to the brook

sorry vidorpirate c-mic ruled out texas a while back...they already have a bunch of RBs and he didnt like the atmosphere up there

When did he visit? I am pretty sure he did not attend any camps, junior day's, or has made any official / unofficial visits.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4