Lamar - You Are on the Clock for Bowling!

TexasTerror

SFA just added! SHSU in the fold already...

This is the hidden content, please

Robert Hill is on board for saying we got to get the SLC behind this and getting four more schools...your turn, Lamar!

We chose bowling partly because of interest shown by other Southland Conference schools," SFA director of athletics Robert Hill said. "We need six schools to sponsor a conference championship, and we already have two, so getting four others to participate is something we will be working on."

I hope NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT...

Womens swimming would be better. The facilities already exist and Lamar could be travel partners with

UH and swimming member of CUSA.

Travel partners in swimming?  :o

Only if UNLV knew a thing or two about the sport... ;D

There aren't many swimming meets across the country, and since LU uses KIAH just as UH, the travel

cost for both schools traveling together to the same meet will be lower then traveling alone. the truth is Terror is Terrorized

when Lamar is mentioned in the same sentence with another conference. Boo...

BTW, Terror didnt you say the womens soccer team would win 0 games this year.

Only if Terror knew a thing or two about the sport... ;D

There aren't many swimming meets across the country, and since LU uses KIAH just as UH, the travel cost for both schools traveling together to the same meet will be lower then traveling alone. the truth is Terror is Terrorized when Lamar is mentioned in the same sentence with another conference. Boo...

There's plenty of swimming duals and meets in this part of the country. Not so many for men's squads, but with women, an ever increasing amount. I actually PA announce some NCAA Division I swimming among other things, so a bit more familiar with the sport than you'd think. ;)

BTW, Terror didnt you say the womens soccer team would win 0 games this year.  Only if Terror knew a thing or two about the sport... ;D

Figured we were good for wins against the SWAC schools on our schedule and possibly even Lamar...

Guest coachacola
Figured we were good for wins against the SWAC schools on our schedule and possibly even Lamar...

I find it hard to get excited about any win over a SWAC school, no matter what the sport.

I find it hard to get excited about any win over a SWAC school, no matter what the sport.

Road wins in football, basketball and even, baseball are exciting. When you go to those facilities, you have to expect ridiculous level of officiating and we've seen what should have been blowouts get called closely and unfairly...

SLC is like 26-0 thus far through soccer, volleyball and football against the SWAC. SWAC hasn't even gotten a set off of the SLC in volleyball. It's not pretty this year...

There aren't many swimming meets across the country, and since LU uses KIAH just as UH, the travel cost for both schools traveling together to the same meet will be lower then traveling alone. the truth is Terror is Terrorized when Lamar is mentioned in the same sentence with another conference. Boo...

There's plenty of swimming duals and meets in this part of the country. Not so many for men's squads, but with women, an ever increasing amount. I actually PA announce some NCAA Division I swimming among other things, so a bit more familiar with the sport than you'd think. ;)

BTW, Terror didnt you say the womens soccer team would win 0 games this year.  Only if Terror knew a thing or two about the sport... ;D

Swimmiing, Bowling, SLC, yes your cup of tea...

From the SFA student newspaper...

For bowling to be a sport in the Southland Conference, six schools have to have a team. Right now SFA and Sam Houston State University are in the process of adding it while Lamar University, University of Texas at Arlington, University of Texas at San Antonio and Texas State are all considering it.

This is the hidden content, please

With SHSU and SFA in the fold, if LU, UT-Arlington, UTSA and our friends in San Marcos join in as they are looking at doing -- we'd have the six schools required to make it a conference championship sport! If that's the case, the "bowling alliance" would not be needed. Don't think I see the SLC schools necessarily wanting to add La Tech, Tulane and Arkansas St, if they do not have to...

Very real possibility Lamar adds bowling in the next 12 months.

I hope NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT...

Womens swimming would be better. The facilities already exist and Lamar could be travel partners with

UH and swimming member of CUSA.

I don't think UH should associate themselves with the competition at Lamar. Let LU compete aginst other Lone Star Conference teams.

Guest coachacola

I could see competition bowling working at Lamar. Get a coach and recruit some decent players,  pad their resumes and make them into "studs."

You've made your point already and it's getting old.  I guess you think Lamar should say "Hey, our athletics suck.  Don't bother supporting Lamar or coming to the games."  Maybe Coach Roc should say on media day: "I tried to recruit better players but all I got was these guys.  Between you and me they suck, but hey, it should be a great season!".

There's nothing wrong with Lamar promoting it's teams and players.  If they don't perform it's there for everyone to see.  If they keep losing the coach gets fired and the fans stay away.  If you think Lamar keeps hyping it's players too much then go root for somebody else and stop bringing that crap up here.

I could see competition bowling working at Lamar. Get a coach and recruit some decent players,  pad their resumes and make them into "studs."

You've made your point already and it's getting old.  I guess you think Lamar should say "Hey, our athletics suck.  Don't bother supporting Lamar or coming to the games."  Maybe Coach Roc should say on media day: "I tried to recruit better players but all I got was these guys.  Between you and me they suck, but hey, it should be a great season!".

There's nothing wrong with Lamar promoting it's teams and players.  If they don't perform it's there for everyone to see.  If they keep losing the coach gets fired and the fans stay away.  If you think Lamar keeps hyping it's players too much then go root for somebody else and stop bringing that crap up here.

Ouch! I'm hitting a nerve over there in the sports dept.

Guest abovetherim

No, you are a man who looks foolish continuously making posts on a fan forum of a school you obviously don't care too much about.

Was Boise State always in the DI Top 25? No, they were playing in a 10,000 seat stadium while Lamar was building a 17,500 stadium with plans to expand.

Dude, you've made your points some I think are valid others aren't.

BTW, UH is one of my favorite schools. They aren't exactly tearing it up in athletics.

Guest coachacola

Ouch! I'm hitting a nerve over there in the sports dept.

Wrong again.  I don't work for Lamar.  I don't even live in SETX.  I'm just an Lamar alum that wants to see Lamar succeed in academics and in sports.

He has a mentally so many in this area has in that everything good needs to come from some other place. So they oppose any all self improvements to

LU or SETX.

He has a mentally so many in this area has in that everything good needs to come from some other place. So they oppose any all self improvements to

LU or SETX.

I love improvements at LU but I have to call it like it is and not sugar coat LU sports. ExampleRoc gets credit for doing some things this year that should help his recruiting. You can't really sell the SLC to a major D-1 recruit. But you can sell your program to a good lower level player kid whose eyes would light up seeing a Memphis State or Kentucky on the schedule. Roc knows he doesn't have a prayer but it's good recruiting for the future.

LU or SETX.

I love improvements at LU but I have to call it like it is and not sugar coat LU sports. ExampleRoc gets credit for doing some things this year that should help his recruiting. You can't really sell the SLC to a major D-1 recruit. But you can sell your program to a good lower level player kid whose eyes would light up seeing a Memphis State or Kentucky on the schedule. Roc knows he doesn't have a prayer but it's good recruiting for the future.

Gonzaga coach don't think like you....

LU or SETX.

Gonzaga coach don't think like you....

There is no comparison!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43