Texas State's proposed stadium expansion

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola

Here's what Texas State hopes to do with their stadium as they plan to go FBS in the future.  Their stadium currently holds 15K and this drawing shows about a 30K stadium.

2902081100_6dd3068540.jpg?v=0

Lamar could easily to do something similar with Cardinal Stadium. 

Guest coachacola

I think they said they first plan to spend around $8M on a new press box and luxury boxes, something similar to what McNeese has.  Then as they get more funding they'll increase capacity.  They will expand their stadium in stages.  They don't have the money to do this in one shot.

As far as winning, they remind me of Lamar football back in the 1980s.  They give football a lot of lip service but the administration really doesn't do what is needed to put a winning team on the field.  What I can gather is that the students are pushing Texas State's drive to FBS, but they average less than 13K per game, which isn't that much for a school with almost 30K students.

I think it will take them more money to expand Bobcat Stadium than for Lamar to expand Cardinal Stadium.  They have to remove the track around the field and then lower the field.  Cardinal Stadium was designed to be expanded to a bowl.  The one big drawback to Lamar's stadium is there's not much room for upper decks.  I don't know if there's any plans to expand Cardinal Stadium but it's fun to talk about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43