Nursing graduates pass state exam with flying colors

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

10/3/2008 The JoAnne Gay Dishman Department of Nursing at Lamar University is leading the way for the nursing community by preparing students for a career in health care. The department’s May graduates were the first cohort to complete the new bachelor of science in nursing curriculum implemented in spring 2006.

After completing degree requirements through didactic courses, laboratory assignments and clinical experience, graduates must meet criteria established by the Texas Board of Nursing in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.  Graduates must pass this exam in order to receive licensure to practice professional nursing.

Under the direction of Eileen Deges Curl, chair of the Department of Nursing, 100 percent of the graduates passed the state board exam for RN licensure.

“This is an outstanding compliment to our department faculty and clinical agencies, as well as validating the quality of our new curriculum,†Curl said.

In addition, two of the recent graduating classes pursuing an associate degree attained a 100 percent pass rate on their state board exam.

For more information about the JoAnne Gay Dishman Department of Nursing, visit its Web site at dept.lamar.edu/nursing/ or call (409) 880-8868.

http://www.lamar.edu/newsevents/news/207_6983.htm

Guest coachacola

On a related note, endowments to Lamar keep coming in:

Class of 1958 scholarship established

Lovoi scholarship established

And I read in the University Press they've started on the $7.4 million renovation of the Music Building.  Have they started on the demolation of the Higgins field house yet?  Hurricane Ike has probably delayed the renovations to Cardinal Stadium by a month or so.

Guest abovetherim

Coach, they haven't started demolition to Higgins field house yet. I drove by the stadium on the way to eat with my nephews in the dinning hall yesterday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43