Ranking Texas Div I BKB Teams

Ranks of the 20 Div I teams (HBU was not counted) by CollegeHoopsNet.

This is the hidden content, please

1. Texas

2. Texas A&M

3. Texas Tech

4. Baylor

5. UTEP

6. Houston

7. North Texas

8. SAM HOUSTON - Last year's Bearkats fizzled out after a great start, and late-season SLC tournament success has been hard to come by recently. But overall, this has been the most consistently solid SLC team over the last decade, and one of the only league teams capable of knocking off big-name non-conference opponents.

9. Rice

10. STEPHEN F AUSTIN - SFA's great 26 win season, which included wins over Oklahoma and Top 100 San Diego, came out of nowhere considering the Lumberjacks were a sub-200 RPI team the previous three seasons. SFA is the 2009 favorite to accomplish what they couldn't last year, winning the Southland tournament.

11. TEXAS A&M-CORPUS CHRISTI - Ronnie Arrow did a masterful job in his tenure at TAMU-CC, turning a green D1 program into a 20-win program. But after making the Dance in 2007, Arrow left, and its hard to tell whether the program can regain a decent level of success under Perry Clark.

12. TCU

13. LAMAR - In the last 7 seasons, Lamar has finished .500 or better in the SLC six times, but have never really been able to put together a dangerous postseason run.

14. UT-ARLINGTON - After making the NCAAs last year, UTA is once again one of the league favorites. In the previous 9 seasons though, the Mavs won just a single SLC Tourney game.

15. SMU

16. UTSA - Once one of the more consistently solid Southland teams, UTSA simply hasn't been good the past few seasons. A 2009 .500 finish in the league would be a step in the right direction.

17. UT-Pan American

18. TEXAS STATE - In '06 & '07, this was one of the worst programs in the country, with just 8 D1 wins. That makes last year's 10-16 D1 record shockingly good.

19. Texas Southern

20. Prairie View A&M

*Houston Baptist will also join D1 this season

Thanks for the post TT. Do you know what criteria they used to make these ranking? 20 win seasons, conference championships or RPI.

Per the website...

The State of '08 is a ranking of every program in every state.. based mostly on recent success (the last five years) mixed in with subjective factors such as conference prestige, historical success, and overall program direction.

11. TEXAS A&M-CORPUS CHRISTI - Ronnie Arrow did a masterful job in his tenure at TAMU-CC, turning a green D1 program into a 20-win program. But after making the Dance in 2007, Arrow left, and its hard to tell whether the program can regain a decent level of success under Perry Clark.

===================

See, this shows us that it is possible to have a program in a mid-D1 school and have success. Obviously the coaches are out there to turn programs around.

I know CC didn't even make the conference tournament and lost a lot of Arrow's last recruiting class to transfer... Rice SUCKS! Sam Houston... when was the last time they went to the tournament?

Guest coachacola

Nobody cares about these rankings so I don't get worked up over them.  But about Ronnie Arrow, isn't he just one of many real good coaches Lamar passed on for some stupid reason or another?  Until Lamar makes it back into the NCAA tourney then does it really matter if Lamar is 8th or 20th on this list?

Nobody cares about these rankings so I don't get worked up over them.  But about Ronnie Arrow, isn't he just one of many real good coaches Lamar passed on for some stupid reason or another?  Until Lamar makes it back into the NCAA tourney then does it really matter if Lamar is 8th or 20th on this list?

Excellent point my man, Ronnie Arrow knows how to win and obviously knows talent when he sees it. His track record speaks for itself. But I don't really know if Arrow would have styaed long after building up the program.

Isn't TAMU-CC in the midst of some major violations and wasn't the NCAA thinking about killing that program?  You can recruit a lot better athlete when you pay no attention to the rules.

I believe this is why Arrow left, knew what he had done and saw the ramifications coming. Lamar doesn't need someone like that.

Isn't TAMU-CC in the midst of some major violations and wasn't the NCAA thinking about killing that program?  You can recruit a lot better athlete when you pay no attention to the rules.

I believe this is why Arrow left, knew what he had done and saw the ramifications coming. Lamar doesn't need someone like that.

yEP, it will eventually kill your program for a number of years.

Great point!  Lists like these are good for nothing more than chest pounding.  I could care less where my team is ranked.  Just get me in the NCAA Tournament.

Great point!  Lists like these are good for nothing more than chest pounding.  I could care less where my team is ranked.  Just get me in the NCAA Tournament.

Come visit this board come recruiting/signing day -- a few on this board are known for touting nationally ranked recruiting classes and well quite frankly, that No. 3 ranked class a few years back did nothing, but well -- same old, same old.

Come visit this board come recruiting/signing day -- a few on this board are known for touting nationally ranked recruiting classes and well quite frankly, that No. 3 ranked class a few years back did nothing, but well -- same old, same old.

That wasn't on this board...

Guest abovetherim

You are correct mffl. I don't care if Lamar signs the #1 player in the country I will not say a word. I may post the signing but will not say anything more.

I don't care about great recruits. I'm ready for a great team!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43