Spread offenses not fading away

You have to have the right chemistry to run it. Vidor is more suited for the Wing-T. A team like WOS is taylor made for the spread... if run correctly.

I said 15 years ago that the spread was going to change the face of football. What I can't believe is that article played NO ommage to the man who brought the Spread Offense to Texas. Art Briles was the first to run the offense at Stephenville back in the very early 90's. He took a program that was nothing more than a doormat and turned it into one of the top programs in Texas at any level. When he first started running this offense he made power houses look foolish. Programs well known for their defensive prowess like LaMarque.

Some old timers don't like it, but it ain't going anywhere...

You have to have the right chemistry to run it. Vidor is more suited for the Wing-T. A team like WOS is taylor made for the spread... if run correctly.

I said 15 years ago that the spread was going to change the face of football. What I can't believe is that article played NO ommage to the man who brought the Spread Offense to Texas. Art Briles was the first to run the offense at Stephenville back in the very early 90's. He took a program that was nothing more than a doormat and turned it into one of the top programs in Texas at any level. When he first started running this offense he made power houses look foolish. Programs well known for their defensive prowess like LaMarque.

Some old timers don't like it, but it ain't going anywhere...

It's kinda like Rodriquez bringing it to Michigan..You have to have the athletes and it has to be ran correctly.On the vidoe the coach said "we try to get outside when they have 7 in the box".Well you have to have a speedy RB and QB to get outside ,or the offense doesn't work. Rodriquez is running into problems his first year there ,because he doesn't have the right personnel to run it with.

Soulja you know I hate the spread more than anyone. SFA85 put it best when he said a spread offense makes for a weak defense.

Dayton gave up somewhere around 13 pts a game last year... including a bad beating in the semis (against a spread team). WOS also has a pretty good D. I get what you are saying about practicing against a finesse O, but Dayton shut down a lot of smash mouth teams last year and beyond.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43