*West Brook vs. Lee Updates*/WB SURVIVES A SCARE!

20-13 final.  That was ugly.  We must have had 4 fumbles, no telling how many penalties,  blocked punt off a bad snap and Lewis left just after the half on a stretcher.  CMike had two fumbles and got injured in the 2nd quarter.  He came back after half-time but was clearly playing injured.  Looked like a hip problem(just speculating)

We will get killed in a couple of weeks if they don't shape up.  Of course, it didn't help not having Garrett and the defensive end,#8.  Anyone know what's wrong with him?

Guest WeedBegone

Wow---it was a nail biting war at Durley tonight.  Both teams left everything on the field.  After the game --i walked on the field and found all types of stuff from Mouthpieces to chin-straps to jock straps.

Found a defected kicking tee also along with a greased football.

Also found about five yellow flags left on the field--they make good oil rags. ;D

There was DNA, blood sweat and tears everywhere.  Both teams played opposite rolls.  The WB defense saved our rears tonight with hard hitting and by making the big plays.  The offense struggled early by not executing well and  add to that some franchise injuries starting showing up.  

You could feel had bad Olin wanted this game but he had to use too many time outs too early in both halves.

Final score WB 20 and Baytown Gooses 17

Its a win fellow WB fans---be gracious for that.  Good luck to Panama ay Baytown--I always have respect for the hard fighting Ganders---and they did seem to want to fight  :o

I heard it was a rib injury. He was awake, conscious, and could move also supposedly. He was bleeding from the mouth but they think he bit his tongue so I hope he's ok.

Guest WeedBegone

I heard it was a rib injury. He was awake, conscious, and could move also supposedly. He was bleeding from the mouth but they think he bit his tongue so I hope he's ok.

I heard also about the mouth injury--that he bit his tongue and the concern was his airway--he was in the ambulance for quite a while --but he put his jersy back on and returned to the sidelines briefly before the end of the game.  He was talking with people afterwards and seemed to be ok.  He had lots of folks pretty scared.

Lets hope this is good news. 

I thought the only good thing about being off for 30+ days was that the Brook could go deep into the season without being as banged up as their opponents.  Man was this a stupid thought.  I said earlier that the depth charts will be the main concern.  #4 will be good to see at full speed.  I am concerned that as good as #33 is, is that he will not be able to get the breakhe needs to heal up.  He is a punishing back--but with that in mind--remember Earl Campbell.  You sometimes takes a bruise when applying a bruise to another.

One of you Brook gurus answer this for me.  We are fighting for our lives when we pick off a pass with under 2:00 on the clock.  Lee has no timeouts.  Why were we still in the shotgun(where we already had two bad snaps/fumbles, and why were we running the ball to an injured Michael(who already had two fumbles)?    After two running plays for no yards, we finally decide it's best to take a knee and let the clock run out?

20-13 final.  That was ugly.  We must have had 4 fumbles, no telling how many penalties,  blocked punt off a bad snap and Lewis left just after the half on a stretcher.  CMike had two fumbles and got injured in the 2nd quarter.   He came back after half-time but was clearly playing injured.  Looked like a hip problem(just speculating)

We will get killed in a couple of weeks if they don't shape up.  Of course, it didn't help not having Garrett and the defensive end,#8.  Anyone know what's wrong with him?

"The two teams combined for eight turnovers and 24 penalties in the District 21-5A game with the Ganders having four turnovers and 15 of those penalties."

This is what it said in the Baytown Sun.  So, Lee actually made more mistakes than West Brook did as far as turnovers(same amount) and penalties(Lee with way more).

Maybe Lee just has a stout defense like I've been saying, despite the fact that their offense is completely inept.

I couldn't make the game unfortunately.  I didn't get off work until 6:15, and I work on the southwest side of Houston.  From the writeup in the paper, sounds about like what I would have expected.  WB made more mistakes than I would have thought, but I knew the Bruin offense wouldn't carve right through Lee's defense like they have been doing.

From the Sun article, Lee had 4th and goal from the 1 in the middle of the 4th quarter to tie the game up, then were called for a false start.  Not sure why they didn't just go for a field goal at that point to cut it to 4 after the penalty pushed them back to the 6.

Oh well, sounds like I missed a good game.

Hopefully Lee will be able to eek out a couple wins against PAM and CV and sneak into the playoffs.

We shall see.

Lee was definately tough on the defensive side of the ball.  Offensively, not so much.  The ten points they got in the first half came off an opeing play fumble and a snap over the punters head where they got the ball on about our 5,  We were lucky to hold them to a field goal there.  Remember, that play doesn't even count as a turnover, so give us 5.

I still think Brook could have put up 40 if not for losing Louis.  Once they decided we were not going to pass, with our backup QB, running became awful tough.  Good game Lee.  They fought hard to the end.

Absolutely.

I don't toss around the word "inept" casually.  Lee's offense is completely inept this year.  WB's jv should have been able to stop Lee's offense, much less the WB varsity, so I'm not surprised that Lee's scores came off turnovers and not extended drives.

Why did the qb get hurt?  Did he step in a pothole in the sideline?  Did he get crunched by a couple of Gander defenders?  If it was the latter, then you really can't use a what if there, because that's part of what makes a team a good defense.  If a team is fast and hard hitting, then there is the possibility that a couple of guys on the opposing offense might get nicked up and not be as effective as when the game first started.

Oh, he got hit.  Hard to tell what happened.  He was rolling toward the sideline on a designed rollout.  He disappeared into the home side as he released the ball.  I assume someone got a hit on him after he released the ball. 

By the way, the Lee QB is not so good, but the kid is tough as nails.  He took some shots but hopped up after every one.

Guest tigersvoice

a win is a win, but in this case, it could be a loss if some of these WB players aren't able to come back for next week's game.

Don't the Bruins go to Pt. Arthur next game?  No problem.

Did #7 play at all for Lee at qb?

He is by far and away the best qb on the team.  I mean an enormous canyon between him and the next closest guy.  He has only played sparingly all season because of injuries though.

Not sure.  #4 played most of the game.  One kid came in for one series, but I don't remember if he was #7 or not.

Guest WeedBegone

Absolutely.

I don't toss around the word "inept" casually.  Lee's offense is completely inept this year.  WB's jv should have been able to stop Lee's offense, much less the WB varsity, so I'm not surprised that Lee's scores came off turnovers and not extended drives.

Why did the qb get hurt?  Did he step in a pothole in the sideline?  Did he get crunched by a couple of Gander defenders?  If it was the latter, then you really can't use a what if there, because that's part of what makes a team a good defense.  If a team is fast and hard hitting, then there is the possibility that a couple of guys on the opposing offense might get nicked up and not be as effective as when the game first started.

A very strong and fast pass rush kept WB QB on the run.  Strong rush forcing him to run to the right and as a leftie had him throwing off balance.  He was hit hard with his arm in throwing motion causing his ribs to be expose which i am sure he will be sore from this.  WB o-line had trouble adjusting to the pass rush.  Most likely the speed of the defense all over was the differrence in keeping the game within reach. Not sure what the "sac" stats were --but i believe the Ganders won that battle.  I also observed that when we had to go with the right handed QB that the rush came from the other side therefore forcing him to scramble and throw off balance.  Good defensive coaching in my opinion. 

Glad we got the win--but it was expensive.  We cant take memorial lightly.  They will be hungry and we might still be crippled. 

I went to the Nederland / Central game. Can anyone tell me who was the back up quarterback for WB and how did he do?

Paul Falgout was the backup.  Threw a pick on his first play.  He threw very little after that. so it's kinda hard to give him a grade.  I think the paper said he went 1 -4.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats