*West Brook vs. Lee Updates*/WB SURVIVES A SCARE!

Absolutely.

I don't toss around the word "inept" casually.  Lee's offense is completely inept this year.  WB's jv should have been able to stop Lee's offense, much less the WB varsity, so I'm not surprised that Lee's scores came off turnovers and not extended drives.

Why did the qb get hurt?  Did he step in a pothole in the sideline?  Did he get crunched by a couple of Gander defenders?  If it was the latter, then you really can't use a what if there, because that's part of what makes a team a good defense.  If a team is fast and hard hitting, then there is the possibility that a couple of guys on the opposing offense might get nicked up and not be as effective as when the game first started.

A very strong and fast pass rush kept WB QB on the run.  Strong rush forcing him to run to the right and as a leftie had him throwing off balance.  He was hit hard with his arm in throwing motion causing his ribs to be expose which i am sure he will be sore from this.  WB o-line had trouble adjusting to the pass rush.  Most likely the speed of the defense all over was the differrence in keeping the game within reach. Not sure what the "sac" stats were --but i believe the Ganders won that battle.  I also observed that when we had to go with the right handed QB that the rush came from the other side therefore forcing him to scramble and throw off balance.  Good defensive coaching in my opinion. 

Glad we got the win--but it was expensive.  We cant take memorial lightly.  They will be hungry and we might still be crippled. 

To me, it looked like CLouis had plenty of time to throw.  I think most of the time he got pressured was when he held onto the ball way to long back there.  Don't know if the coverage was that good or he just wasn't getting rid of it on time, but he had a pocket to throw out of.

a win is a win, but in this case, it could be a loss if some of these WB players aren't able to come back for next week's game.

Don't the Bruins go to Pt. Arthur next game?  No problem.

From seeing both Lee and Port Arthur play Sterling, West Brook better be ready, Lee's defense is awesome all around but I think Port Arthur's gets more pressure on the QB....they blitz every single play it seems....they may be vulnerable to the run but i dont really know, Sterling didn't call many runs much against PAM...The thing is PAM's offense i believe was actually worse than Lee's, but who konws, the Lee/Sterling rivalry makes it to where those teams play differently than they normally do a lot of times.....

YIKES! I was out of town all weekend and was getting game updates from a few buddies (Thanks Soulja and WBbear), but it sounds like it might have been a costly win for us. From what I've heard about Louis is that "he's gonna be just fine", as his mother was quoted as saying. I dint know if that means he'll play next week or not, but hopefully this week will be good to him and he will get some much needed healing time. Based on what I've been told, it seems as though our offense never got into a rhythm. C-Mike first went down, and that left Louis to basically run the offense by himself. If anybody knows C-Lou, he tends to get a bit ancy when his buddy C-Mike is not in the game. Then he got hurt, which basically forced Michaels to get back into the game and was not 100%. Them you've got a backup QB, with few snaps, come into the game and throws an INT on his first attempt. Sounds to me like we were lucky to win this game. I'm definitely worried about the next few games. If we don't get back some key personell, healthy, we can kiss a long playoff run goodbye. I am going to call the trainer tomorrow and see if I can find out the current status on #12, #4, and #33. I'll post as soon as I know something.

OK, I just talked to Chip, (the head Athletic Trainer at West Brook) and he said that Christian Louis suffered a Pulmonary Contusion to his lung. What this means is that he's torn, or damaged, the inner lining in one of his lungs. This is the reason he was spitting up blood. C-Lou is on antibiotics, and should be OK to play on Friday. Now the other primadonna is another story. With the case with Michaels, he has a "hip pointer", I believe is what it was called. He basically injured his hip in the Channelview game, and re-aggrivated it again in the Lee game. It was padded in the second half of the Lee game, and he played fine. He also has a knee that has been nagging him for some time, but that is also OK. Basically he is cleared to play, if he really wants to. Jordan Garrett is most likely out until the Sterling game. He has a high-ankle sprain that is slow to heal. It is hopeful that all three of these young men will be healthy for the last game of the season, and headed into the playoffs with a full head of steam. If #12 is healthy, with #4 and #33 in the backfield once again, we should be OK once the playoffs get here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4