Phillies vs Rays World Series Thread

Guest Orangeboy

I think this is an evenly matched series. I think the Rays having the better starting pitching and have momentum after defeating the World Champs. The Phillies have also been off for quite a while and that has hurt teams the last several years. I'm really just hoping for 7 more games like last night to end another great baseball season.

i don't know who to pick.  i wanted each of these teams to make it, but now that they did, i really can't decide who i want to win.  these teams are fairly similar, with both being able to score by producing runs and by the long ball.  advantage goes to the rays with their starters, the phillies with the relievers.  as for hitters, the phillies are stacked but streaky, and the rays are solid throughout (plus BJ Upton has been on FIRE).  This should be a close series.  Of course, the Rays could always ride the momentum of pulling it out vs. the sox.

I think this is an evenly matched series. I think the Rays having the better starting pitching and have momentum after defeating the World Champs. The Phillies have also been off for quite a while and that has hurt teams the last several years. I'm really just hoping for 7 more games like last night to end another great baseball season.

I agree.

I enjoy watching the Rays play with that youthful enthusiasm. Go Rays!

i don't know who to pick.  i wanted each of these teams to make it, but now that they did, i really can't decide who i want to win.  these teams are fairly similar, with both being able to score by producing runs and by the long ball.  advantage goes to the rays with their starters, the phillies with the relievers.  as for hitters, the phillies are stacked but streaky, and the rays are solid throughout (plus BJ Upton has been on FIRE).  This should be a close series.  Of course, the Rays could always ride the momentum of pulling it out vs. the sox.

I agree...I like em both. On one side (Rays) you got to love their youth and energy....a remarkable story. I'm a huge fan of pitching....you got Kazmir, the home-grown, Howell from the Horns, Garza who dominated in game 7, and David Price. Price is going to be an absolute beast.....for a long time. The other side (Phillies) it's hard for me to root against Cole Hamels. And then there's Lidge. What can you say about Lidge ? Truly a class act thru good and bad times. I wouldn't mind seeing Lidge get a ring.

With that said...I'll go with, in my opinion, the better and deeper pitching staff........Rays in 7. Should be a great series.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou