Pugliesi's Two Goals Lead Lamar To First-Ever SLC Win

Guest coachacola

Great win, Cards...  ;D

SHSU got their first-ever SLC win late in their second season as well. Colonels are 2-15, 0-8 SLC. Only wins are against the SWAC. Guessing they are eliminated from SLC tournament competition, eh?

Looks like SHSU will need to beat LU in Huntsville next weekend to secure a tournament spot...

this is a great win for the cards!  i know nicholls st. is terrible, but this just shows that our girls are progressing.  last year, nicholls state was 2-17-1, with lamar being their only conference victory, which they won 4-1.  this year they are 2-15, so it's safe to say they are at a similar level to last year, and the cards beat them 3-1.  

another extremely encouraging stat: last year's lamar team was outscored by opponents 96-2.  this year they've been outscored 35-11 (not counting exhibitions, which would make it 37-12).  although this is still a poor ratio, it's quite an astonishing improvement.  it should also be noted that the cards had two games cancelled, both of which were games that they would've had a very good chance to win.  

Great win, Cards...  ;D

SHSU got their first-ever SLC win late in their second season as well. Colonels are 2-15, 0-8 SLC. Only wins are against the SWAC. Guessing they are eliminated from SLC tournament competition, eh?

Looks like SHSU will need to beat LU in Huntsville next weekend to secure a tournament spot...

What was your expert prediction for this team?  lucky to win 1 game overall. as usual, wrong....

Guest abovetherim

Congratulations ladies and I'm really liking Hardman. This guy is really good and I bet Lamar will be very competitive in conference in the next few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43