Dallas Baptist  baseball power

or

UALR    long shot

or

UNO    no plans for football but adds New Orleans market

Non-football

UTA

TAMCC

BAD, Memphis is a power today but it is not promised tomorrow. Ask UH about it.

Coach, yes and no. Ofcourse those teams want equal or better. But none are available.

BE don't want Memphis. No BCS wants to take Houston. And none of the remaining teams are wanted by higher conferences.

If the remaining CUSA wants to be big name conference, they must build it into a big name themselves.

After Marshall, ECU, and UCF Leave, they must fill the slots.

UH could rebuild its athletic program, it could start by cutting travel cost and using that money to rebuild.

UH must get more fans in the stands, how? By adding members close by so opposing team, fans can fill your stadium too.

Hence, Lamar, Texas st, UTSA, UNT...

BE is full of Lamar type schools who take pride in there area, not looking to make run to a far away conference so

your own area suffers.

Well John Calipari has turned his name down associated with several big name jobs, and he regularly beats out Texas, UNC, Duke, Kansas, just about any basketball powerhouse in the nation for recruits... plus doesn't he make in the millions? And they play at an NBA arena? I don't see Memphis stepping down from a basketball power any time soon.

Well John Calipari has turned his name down associated with several big name jobs, and he regularly beats out Texas, UNC, Duke, Kansas, just about any basketball powerhouse in the nation for recruits... plus doesn't he make in the millions? And they play at an NBA arena? I don't see Memphis stepping down from a basketball power any time soon.

I do... He will get tired of CUSA lower ranking. And when a few teams leave CUSA, so will he....

I do... He will get tired of CUSA lower ranking. And when a few teams leave CUSA, so will he....

Why? He has great facilities, a great non conf. schedule, an amazing salary, and he can get any players he wants.

Why? He has great facilities, a great non conf. schedule, an amazing salary, and he can get any players he wants.

And a crappy conference no one likes. Not enough tv to keep that memphis machine going.

Guest coachacola

I think a good TV contract is keeping the CUSA schools happy now and are able to support decent athletic budgets.  LU and the other SLC schools that may move up don't have that so reshuffling conferences can really change the money coming in.  I don't really like the CUSA and I really don't want to see a rebirth of the SWC with a bunch of has-beens and wannabes.  That's how the country will perceive it too.

BAD, Memphis is a power today but it is not promised tomorrow. Ask UH about it.

Coach, yes and no. Ofcourse those teams want equal or better. But none are available.

BE don't want Memphis. No BCS wants to take Houston. And none of the remaining teams are wanted by higher conferences.

If the remaining CUSA wants to be big name conference, they must build it into a big name themselves.

After Marshall, ECU, and UCF Leave, they must fill the slots.

UH could rebuild its athletic program, it could start by cutting travel cost and using that money to rebuild.

UH must get more fans in the stands, how? By adding members close by so opposing team, fans can fill your stadium too.

Hence, Lamar, Texas st, UTSA, UNT...

BE is full of Lamar type schools who take pride in there area, not looking to make run to a far away conference so

your own area suffers.

Hmm interesting! I'm going to present this idea to several players from our Cotton Bowl days and see what they say.

CUSA or SWC

Memphis

UAB

Houston

UTEP

Tulsa

SMU

Rice

you have your 6/5

Add

UTSA

Lamar

North Texas

La-tech

Texas st

Sunbelt

Troy

Fla atl

Fla Int

South Alabama

Middle Tenn st

Western K.

La-mon

Lafayette

6/5

add

Southern Miss

Georgia Southern

App st

Georgia St

I realize you may be stitting up conversation (at least I hope so), but there is no way UofH would play in the same conference with Lamar University and Texas State.

I realize you may be stitting up conversation (at least I hope so), but there is no way UofH would play in the same conference with Lamar University and Texas State.

Then what conference will UH play in.

ECU, UCF, and Marshall will leave within 5 years. Memphis and UAB wants to join Cincy, Louisville. I don't see it happening, but it might.

Tulane is struggling. Rice is a sinking ship. But lets say Rice and Tulane is ok. CUSA is down to 7 members. Then what for Houston?

a 7 team, conference.

ECU, UCF, and M

Per my contacts, UofH is trying to get into a larger conference. What conference? That has not been mentioned for obvious reasons.

ECU, UCF, and M

Per my contacts, UofH is trying to get into a larger conference. What conference? That has not been mentioned for obvious reasons.

The 2 nearest BCS conferences is the SEC and BIG 12. Noway the SEC. BIG 12, are full of Texas hating schools so NO again...

No BCS wants Houston... Houston wants BCS, Houston needs to build a conference BCS will accept.

ECU, UCF, and M

The 2 nearest BCS conferences is the SEC and BIG 12. Noway the SEC. BIG 12, are full of Texas hating schools so NO again...

No BCS wants Houston... Houston wants BCS, Houston needs to build a conference BCS will accept.

You sound like the people when Uof H were admitted to the SWC and we began to dominate the SWC.

ECU, UCF, and M

You sound like the people when Uof H were admitted to the SWC and we began to dominate the SWC.

I'm sure Houston could become a force in the SEC if invited. The problem is there is no invite, no conference to do the inviting...

UNLV, I'm curious as to where you are getting your information? Are these random thoughts on your behalf? I don't think UH wants to save money by being in an in-state conference. We must travel to other regions of America which would make a positive recruiting tool. But, what about TCU, SMU, RICE, and Houston getting together and maybe a couple of other schools? But maybe TCU would take it as a step backwards.  Our first year in SWC, we (UH) averaged 40,000 plus fans. It would be nice if we could get into the PAC-10 or SEC.

Dove I think you were smoking a little to much ganja maan. The Pac 10..... are you crazy.... the closest game would be the AZ teams.... plus if they were to pick anyone up it would be Boise State....or Utah.. why because they made it to and won BSC games....

SEC none of those teams are going any where, plus they are full so UH would never get the chance... if they did take a new school it would be some one like Florida State or Miami....

Houston may try to get into a better conference but guess what... NO BCS conference... as much as I like to watch UH football

Guest coachacola

I think the Mountain West would be a good fit for UH.  They could renew their rivalry with TCU, and it's probably the strongest non-BCS football conference out there.  I bet they would draw better crowds with the likes of BYU and Utah than these teams in the CUSA.  I have no idea if UH would like the MWC or vice versa though.

I don't see LU in a conference with any ex-SWC schools.  I'd like to see LU join UTSA, Texas State, South Alabama, Georgia State, Central Arkansas, UL-Lafayette, La Tech and a few other Sunbelt and/or CUSA schools along the I-10 and I-20 corridor.  A Texas to Georgia conference with medium to large schools in metro areas could potentially get a decent TV contract.

Dove I think you were smoking a little to much ganja maan. The Pac 10..... are you crazy.... the closest game would be the AZ teams.... plus if they were to pick anyone up it would be Boise State....or Utah.. why because they made it to and won BSC games....

SEC none of those teams are going any where, plus they are full so UH would never get the chance... if they did take a new school it would be some one like Florida State or Miami....

Houston may try to get into a better conference but guess what... NO BCS conference... as much as I like to watch UH football

Actually SEC would be a good fit because it would open recruitment doors for the SEC schools to recruit in Texas. Closest game? UH wants to expand their football schedule within time.

Actually SEC would be a good fit because it would open recruitment doors for the SEC schools to recruit in Texas. Closest game? UH wants to expand their football schedule within time.

Maybe the SEC will boot out LSU for Houston. ya think?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43