My 4A Playoff Predictions...

Here is how I see the final two weeks playing out and the 1st round matchups.

19-4A

Oct. 31:

Dayton over King

Crosby over Galena Park

North Forest over Barbers Hill

GC Memorial over Kingwood Park

Nov. 7:

Dayton over Kingwood Park

King over Crosby

North Forest over GC Memorial

Galena Park over Barbers Hill

Final Standings:

Dayton (7-0)

King (6-1)

Crosby (5-2)

North Forest (4-3)

Galena Park (3-4)

Barbers Hill (2-5)

GC Memorial (1-6)

Kingwood Park (0-7)

20-4A

Oct. 31:

Vidor over Nederland

Central over Livingston

Lumberton over LCM

PN-G over Ozen

Nov. 7:

Livingston over Vidor

Lumberton over Nederland

Central over PNG

Ozen over LCM

Final Standings:

Lumberton (6-1)

Central (6-1)

Livingston (5-2)

Vidor (4-3)

Nederland (3-4)

PN-G (2-5)

Ozen (2-5)

LCM (0-7)

Bi-District Matchups:

C.E. King (D1 #1) vs Vidor (D1 #2)

North Forest (D1 #2) vs Central (D1 #1)

Dayton (D2 #1) vs Livingston (D2 #2)

Crosby (D2 #2) vs Lumberton (D2 #1)

What is the scoop on them 4 teams vs our 4 teams?? how does 20-4a match up with 19-4a?? we know that Nederland, Central or Vidor will be in D1 and Livingston and Lumberton will be D2 ( unless there is a switch in standings which could happen) how do these teams match up against the D1 and D2 teams across the way....

What is the scoop on them 4 teams vs our 4 teams?? how does 20-4a match up with 19-4a?? we know that Nederland, Central or Vidor will be in D1 and Livingston and Lumberton will be D2 ( unless there is a switch in standings which could happen) how do these teams match up against the D1 and D2 teams across the way....

Depends on how the district chooses to seed the teams, but...

Out of the top four teams, the two largest enrollments are automatically in Div I.

They are seeded as #1 and #2 (if there is a tie, it depends on the district as how this occurs (and if the rule changes  :D(just had to add that))

The two smallest enrollments would be Div II.

19-4A Div I #1 seed would play 20-4A Div I #2 seed and vice versa.

The process would be repeated with Div II.

So...

in 20-4A, CE King and North Forest would be the two schools in the top four that had the largest enrollments, they would be division I, CE King had the better record so they would be #1 seed and play the #2 seed in 20-4A.

In 20-4A you got to be thinking the schools that make it DON'T want to get Dayton in the first round.

Would be the most difficult of all the pairings.

Depends on how the district chooses to seed the teams, but...

Out of the top four teams, the two largest enrollments are automatically in Div I.

They are seeded as #1 and #2 (if there is a tie, it depends on the district as how this occurs (and if the rule changes  :D(just had to add that))

The two smallest enrollments would be Div II.

19-4A Div I #1 seed would play 20-4A Div I #2 seed and vice versa.

The process would be repeated with Div II.

So...

in 20-4A, CE King and North Forest would be the two schools in the top four that had the largest enrollments, they would be division I, CE King had the better record so they would be #1 seed and play the #2 seed in 20-4A.

In 20-4A you got to be thinking the schools that make it DON'T want to get Dayton in the first round.

Would be the most difficult of all the pairings.

So what you are saying is that they aren't seeded by how they finished in district? Like say if Vidor and Central Make and Central is above Vidor in the final standings they could still as the D1 #2?

Yes.  It goes by enrollment to see what bracket they go in.  After the brackets are established, district standings go into play.  In the small bracket, whoever finished the highest gets the higher seed, meaning they face the lower seed team in district 19-4a.  Same thing with the big Bracket.

Cool Thanks Soulja I can always depend on you and WOS87 for the stats and stuff...

Here is another look at who would go where ....

RED is out

BLUE on bubble or could still miss playoffs.

No Color is in or would take total melt down to miss playoffs.

With that said Central or Livingston comes away with another loss this weekend as does Vidor or Nederland. Which will make the picture a bit clearer.

District 19-4A        Enr.                        Standings                 Left To Play

Houston F B S      2038                       4-3-0 2-3-0 3rd         Barbers Hill, G C M

Humble K P          1764                       1-6-0 1-5-0             G C M, Dayton

Galena Park         1743                       3-4-0 2-3-0 3rd         Crosby, Barbers Hill

Houston King       1542                       6-1-0 5-0-0 1st         Dayton, Crosby

Baytown G C M     1537                       0-7-0 0-5-0             Kingwood, North Forest

Crosby                 1465                      4-3-0 4-1-0 2nd        Galena Park, King

Dayton                1354                      6-1-0 5-0-0 1st         King, Kingwood Park

Mont Belvieu B H  1055                      2-5-0 2-3-0 3rd         North Forest, Galena Park

King will be D#1

Dayton will be D#2

Barbers Hill, Crosby, Galena Park, or North Forest will fill in last 2 spots...

DISTRICT 20-4A                    Enr.                        Standings                 Left to play

Beaumont Central                 1537                      (5-2) (4-1) 1st         Livingston, PN-G

Nederland                            1512                      (3-3) (3-2) 2nd        Vidor, Lumberton

Vidor                                   1430                      (5-2) (3-2) 2nd        Nederland, Livingston

Port Neches-Groves               1413                       (3-4) (1-4) 3rd        Ozen, Central

Beaumont Ozen                    1264                       (1-6) (1-4) 4th        PN-G, LC-M

Livingston                            1207                       (4-2) (4-1) 1st        Central, Vidor

LCM                                    1200                       (0-6) (0-5) 6th        Lumberton,Ozen

Lumberton                           1064                       (6-1) (4-1) 1st        LC-M, Nederland

Lumberton will be D#2 regardless as would Livingston

Nederland, Central and Vidor will be D#1 regardless.

If Lumberton loses to Nederland it could wind up with Dayton 1st round.

Livingston would have to win its last 2 vs Central & Vidor

If Central wins vs Livingston, Lumberton is #1 seed in D2 and gets Crosby reguardless of Nederland outcome

Dayton D2#1 vs Lum / Liv D2#2 Bi-District game.

Crosby D2#2 vs Liv / Lum D2#1

Central D1#1 vs North Forrest D1#2 almost certain 1st round

Ned/Vidor D1#2 vs CE King D1#1

If Lumberton loses to Nederland it could wind up with Dayton 1st round.

Livingston would have to win its last 2 vs Central & Vidor

If Central wins vs Livingston, Lumberton is #1 seed in D2 and gets Crosby reguardless of Nederland outcome

Dayton D2#1 vs Lum / Liv D2#2 Bi-District game.

Crosby D2#2 vs Liv / Lum D2#1

Central D1#1 vs North Forrest D1#2 almost certain 1st round

Ned/Vidor D1#2 vs CE King D1#1

Not only that, if Livingston wins out, and Nederland beats Lumberton, Livingston is outright district champs (the only 1 loss team) and Lumberton will be jumping for joy since it gets to play the Bronco team in the 1st round they all know they can beat    ;)

Top 5 from each Category from 19-4A and 20-4A

wk8comp.jpg

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba