PN-G... What happened this year?????

Guest KHS 89

Co-District Champs 2007 to 1 District win in 2008 - What happened?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Co-District Champs 2007 to 1 District win in 2008 - What happened?

• Poor coaching
    • Sub par talent pool
    • Distractions (new stadium, Hurricanes)
    • Poor play calling
    • Talent not utilized properly
    • All of the above

From a Dayton fan,loosenup some on offense,throw on first downs,smashmouth football and ball control can bog down the game as Dayton did for years until coach Stewart changed directions and 14 years straight playoff years have followed.My husband says hi to his coach in 1966-67 Riley Burnett and says he is a great coach.I do remember the Long brothers not so long ago & they were a great pass combo.I love your team spirit and fan support is the best.This year has been more than unusal as some folks were in very dangerous conditions from Ike.Give it some time most others have sooner or later a off season.Look at former powerhouse La Marque.Be patient you sure have alot going for you and some out of town supporters also.

From a Dayton fan,loosenup some on offense,throw on first downs,smashmouth football and ball control can bog down the game as Dayton did for years until coach Stewart changed directions and 14 years straight playoff years have followed.My husband says hi to his coach in 1966-67 Riley Burnett and says he is a great coach.I do remember the Long brothers not so long ago & they were a great pass combo.I love your team spirit and fan support is the best.This year has been more than unusal as some folks were in very dangerous conditions from Ike.Give it some time most others have sooner or later a off season.Look at former powerhouse La Marque.Be patient you sure have alot going for you and some out of town supporters also.

2 Things:

1. Even a Cowgirl sees the problem on offense!  This is the problem, Stewart changed, Burnett is not changing.

2. Long Brothers? Do you mean the Colburn twins? They were the WR combo Dustin Long's Sophomore and Junior seasons. The year they went to state Long had a whole new batch of WR's (Baxter, Norton, Lumbley and one other I can't remember).

The Colburn twins last game was at Lamar against you guys and it was a great game. Real barn burner. You guys ran on us with Roberts and Dakari Pearson and we threw to the big twins all night long. In the end Dakari was just too much! What a fun game to watch.

Since none of you will post on our Predictions thread...I thought I'd see what y'all were talking about over here...Burnett is a quality coach...what you have to understand is...maybe the reason the Indians are struggling is b/c the players aren't executing...not about play calling or his inability to change, but the kids aren't performing to the best of their ability.

Football is football...you gotta have something to hang your hat on...and if you trully believe in it, you'll ride or die with it.  Remember last season was suspposed to the debut of "Air Indian,"  well that didn't last long...they went back to running the rock...you gotta go with what you know!   

2 Things:

1. Even a Cowgirl sees the problem on offense!  This is the problem, Stewart changed, Burnett is not changing.

2. Long Brothers? Do you mean the Colburn twins? They were the WR combo Dustin Long's Sophomore and Junior seasons. The year they went to state Long had a whole new batch of WR's (Baxter, Norton, Lumbley and one other I can't remember).

The Colburn twins last game was at Lamar against you guys and it was a great game. Real barn burner. You guys ran on us with Roberts and Dakari Pearson and we threw to the big twins all night long. In the end Dakari was just too much! What a fun game to watch.

It was Edwards.... Good post though. Glad we didn't get you guys the next year... we were a little down in 2000.

Since none of you will post on our Predictions thread...I thought I'd see what y'all were talking about over here...Burnett is a quality coach...what you have to understand is...maybe the reason the Indians are struggling is b/c the players aren't executing...not about play calling or his inability to change, but the kids aren't performing to the best of their ability.

Football is football...you gotta have something to hang your hat on...and if you trully believe in it, you'll ride or die with it.  Remember last season was suspposed to the debut of "Air Indian,"  well that didn't last long...they went back to running the rock...you gotta go with what you know!     

How many PNG games have you been to this year obcowboy? I love when fans from other teams try and diminish what we see every week for the last 4 years.  ::)

Again PNG decided to line up 4 wideouts and put the QB in the gun last year and ran some plays and called it the spread. It wasn't even close to the spread. They did no real research. The bulk of the throws were to the RB (by design).

And about "you gotta go with what you know", you also gotta adjust to what you got! This year they had an accurate QB with a big arm, two good wideouts and a young porous defense. They couldn't play MB ball and run smash mouth offense and in your face defense and win 10-7 like they could last year. The offense needed to be more diverse. They needed to score more and try to win ball games 35-28. Instead they went run, run, pass, punt until they were down by 21 and then opened it up each week. By then the defense could just pin their ears back and tee off on the QB because they had a big lead. PNG has not thrown a pass on the first play of the game all year. Imagine what the oppossing defense (who are allways 10 men in the box) would do if PNG ran play action to DeRon on the first play? They would be stunned!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4