Sports Network: Lamar 4th in SLC West

A bit of a different twist with the predicted order of finish...

CONFERENCE CHAMPION: Stephen F. Austin

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH: EAST DIVISION: 1. Stephen F. Austin, 2. Northwestern State, 3. Southeastern Louisiana, 4. Nicholls State, 5. McNeese State, 6. Central Arkansas

WEST DIVISION: 1. Texas-Arlington, 2. Sam Houston State, 3. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 4. Lamar, 5. Texas-San Antonio, 6. Texas State

Read the link below for more insight into the league from Sports Network...

This is the hidden content, please

They obviously don't know what they are talking if they pick CC over us...  ::)

I think that is about right, but without Nabors. Of course they picked us fourth with Nabors. Until someone steps up and proves they can be the scoring and rebounding threat that Nabors/Sanders combo was, this team is a big question mark.

Justin Reynolds was a very good Freshman last year and will be even better this season. I see this kid winning SLC MVP maybe next year or as a Sr.

You are way off base BadNDN. We will win more games this year than last, also I think that the SLC is not as strong as last year so we should be OK. Plus this poll is screwed up... they pick CC to be ahead of us in the polls with all the problems that they have been having.

You are way off base BadNDN. We will win more games this year than last, also I think that the SLC is not as strong as last year so we should be OK. Plus this poll is screwed up... they pick CC to be ahead of us in the polls with all the problems that they have been having.

You wanta bet on that?

You think this team without Nabors will win 20 games?

W Louisiana College

L   at Louisiana-Lafayette

W Denver

L  at Rice

W Lyon College

L  at Kentucky

L  Ohio

W  Indiana State

L  at Louisville

L  Texas Tech

W Huston-Tillotson

W St. Gregory's

L  at Memphis

W at Utah Valley St.

Do you really think LU will go 13-3 in the SLC again?

Guest abovetherim

If Ashton Hall has improved as we've been told I can see us winning 20 games. Plus, I can a couple of possible wins you have as loses.

1. ULL

2. Rice

3. Indiana State

ULL will be better and tough, but LU should win.

LU will beat rice

LU will beat a rebuilding Texas Tech

Rice is going to be good under Braun (see their recruiting class?). Will be an interesting match-up for Cards.

I think ULL is going to be a real tough foe, especially in the CajunDome. The SBC-SLC match-ups this year should be fun. NT and ULL are both getting a nice dose of SLC this year.

Guest coachacola

Last year LU went 6-7 in non-conference and only 2 of those wins were against D1 competition.

This year LU has a much tougher non-conference schedule with road games at Memphis, Louisville and Kentucky.  Ohio won 20 games last year and will challenge for the MAC title this year.  Indiana State and ULL will have a decent teams so those games are toss-ups.  Rice and Denver won't be that good so LU should win those.  LU travels to Utah Valley State during conference after playing SFA on the road so LU might not play well that night.

LU will be better defensively this year.  Last year LU started the season in an offensive slump but because their defense wasn't that good they lost some games they should have won.  This year the offense probably won't be as good as last year but with a better defense will make up for that.

I predict that like last year, LU will start slowly and then gel in January.  But unlike last year, this year's team won't fizzle in February and March.

Last year LU went 6-7 in non-conference and only 2 of those wins were against D1 competition.

And this schedule is tougher and this team is not as talented.

This year LU has a much tougher non-conference schedule with road games at Memphis, Louisville and Kentucky.  Ohio won 20 games last year and will challenge for the MAC title this year.  Indiana State and ULL will have a decent teams so those games are toss-ups.  Rice and Denver won't be that good so LU should win those.  LU travels to Utah Valley State during conference after playing SFA on the road so LU might not play well that night.

I had the W in the wrong place. It was supposed to be an L to Ohio and a W over Ind St.

I see a 7-7 non-conference and 10-6 conference. That's 17-13. If we win the tournament then we will have a 20 win season.

I think Nabors was good enough for 3 to 4 additional W's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43