Big Sandy Wildcats

He was a big part of this team last year and a good ball player dont get me wrong but the wildcats proved that they could do it without him during the playoffs last season. They will have 3 post players that will be ready 2 step up and ready play

Coach Foster will have the post players ready to go

He was a big part of this team last year and a good ball player dont get me wrong but the wildcats proved that they could do it without him during the playoffs last season. They will have 3 post players that will be ready 2 step up and ready play

McKinney was the heart and soul of last years club, had he stayed healthy they would have had a legitamate shot at the title.His biggest contribution was his leadership ability,some of the younger guys will have to step up there but I don't think there is a big guy in BS that can fill his shoes in the paint.

Mckinney was a good post player i wouldnt go as far as "Heart and soul of the team" troy langley was also a senior and had a big part and leading this team trough the playoffs each member of last seasons ball team had a part of last seasons sucsess i do recall another big guy stepping up when Mckinney was hurt and filling that spot. I had a chance to go to the scrimmage last night and had 3 post players step up and fill that spot this team dosent hurt with him gone they have good senior leadership comeing from corey tolar and melton abbey. good job last night wildcats

Gotta respectfully disagree OT30.When the Wildcats needed someone to steady the ship last year they pounded it inside to McKinney.The 2 guys they have playing the post this year will do a good job but neither is the player McKinney was.I was impressed with 2 of there guards in the first half at Spurger tonight #23 and #24.They played well,Coach Foster looked at lots of players in the second half and the Wildcats struggled a little.Overall it was a good workout and will help get BS ready for the season.

Gotta respectfully disagree OT30.When the Wildcats needed someone to steady the ship last year they pounded it inside to McKinney.The 2 guys they have playing the post this year will do a good job but neither is the player McKinney was.I was impressed with 2 of there guards in the first half at Spurger tonight #23 and #24.They played well,Coach Foster looked at lots of players in the second half and the Wildcats struggled a little.Overall it was a good workout and will help get BS ready for the season.

When the season start #23 and #24 will be #10 and # 3

i know there is not really a winner in a scrimmage but for these two team I'm pretty sure they had all their players

so I'm just going to ask which team put up the most points between spurger nd big sandy

The thing to remember here is this was a scrimage. Both coaches trying different combo's of players and plays, so who won or put up the most points? I do not remember. I was busy watching what each were doing and the match ups. It was a scimage you know.

You know the deal, 2 8:00 qtrs and then jv goes for 2 8:00 qtrs and then back to varsity. They went through the rotation I guess three times?

It was fairly even. Spurger I believe walked off the court after each rotation with the lead, but again, what does that mean? Spurger would make a strong push and go ahead by 6-8 and then BS would make a run and tie it up or go ahead. I was really impressed with the consistant steady play of BS. They definitely have a shooter that I think was on jv last year.

Keep in mind, Spurgers coach came from BS, so they know each other and what each is "thinking".

The BS fans turned out for this one. I am always impressed with their fan base.

If they meet up in a "real' game, it would be a good one.

Missed seeing you there Catman.

:);):);):);)

Big Sandy had the lead after the the first 2 quarters.Spurger led at the end of the next 2.Both clubs had all there kids because neither plays football.Both clubs will be respectable but neither had the strong inside game they had last year.BS turned the ball over way to much trying to make the entry pass but Foster will correct that I'm sure.Spurger looked about like I thought they would with a really young club.Both clubs scored in the 40 pt range so neither really lit it up.I was surprised neither club played any pressure defense.I expected to see that from the Pirates because they are pretty small but will be quick enough to press some.

Big Sandy had the lead after the the first 2 quarters.Spurger led at the end of the next 2.Both clubs had all there kids because neither plays football.Both clubs will be respectable but neither had the strong inside game they had last year.BS turned the ball over way to much trying to make the entry pass but Foster will correct that I'm sure.Spurger looked about like I thought they would with a really young club.Both clubs scored in the 40 pt range so neither really lit it up.I was surprised neither club played any pressure defense.I expected to see that from the Pirates because they are pretty small but will be quick enough to press some.

Spurger had a couple of starters that were off their game and the ball just didn't fall for them, 2 players that played with the J.V. & on the varsity that night, ( not sure were these 2 will end up playing ) in my opinion they need to be on Varsity, the point guard impressed me the most in this game!

Thats not unusual with a young club.The kid that played the point with the knee brace is going to develop in to a pretty good player.The Whittaker boy is also going to make a pretty good player although he struggled with his shot last night.I didn't see the threat to hit the 3 last night that the Pirates had last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats

• Yep couldn’t have said it more perfect.
    • 2.6% play D-1 football.    0.023% make it to the NFL. 99.97% need to make it in real life.    
    • And they still picked Nederland not to make the playoffs.......
    • It’s not that simple.    You just read where UT Alum said that Hardin County was 80% democrat in 1980… but according to you the fabled “switch” was finished by Nixon a decade earlier.    That’s the fallacy of your argument… we can all agree that as far back as the Civil War, Democrats strongly opposed any measure  that would benefit the black community.  That policy continued all of the way up through the 1960s. That’s when there was a shift…. But it’s not what you think.    It’s not like all of the old white bigots said “to heck with this! Let’s go be republicans instead.” My contention is that the Democrat Party of old didn’t hate black people… they needed the votes of white people, and they got them by whipping up racial animosity towards black people.  Right about the time that the civil rights act was passed, the leaders of the democrat party realized that there just wasn’t a whole lot of white on black racial hate to work with… and with the changing demographics in America, they recognized that the next voting block to control would be the minorities, and the best way to harness that vote was by providing them a common enemy… whitey.  That’s why you had guys like Strom Thurman and George Wallace renounce their “racist” ways and pivot to trying to win over the monitorities instead of catering to racist whites.    You fast forward about 30 years and the democrats have convinced their voters that the whites are the source of all of their problems… just like they told whites that the blacks were the source of all of their problems. It’s not that the racist shifted sides… the Dems just shifted their focus because voters didn’t care about the old racism anymore.    But, that same time frame and approach left a void. Suddenly you have white people (who aren’t racist) being told by democrats that  “you don’t even realize how big of a racist you are, and everything you worked for means nothing because it was the result of white privilege, and in fact our voters deserve everything that you have…” and people got tired of it, so the next thing you know you’ve got a lot of people like the ones on this board who will fall in line behind somebody who says “I’ll fight those democrats for you.” He calls immigrants rapists, blows his dog whistle until he passes out, and convinces the tiny group of actual racists and antisemites that it’s safe to come out of hiding.  “Build the wall” is their rallying cry. The democrat response? They open our borders completely, even though they know it’s bad for us… but they need to keep fanning the flames, too. And you can’t be opposed to the guy who wants to build a wall, but then construct one yourself, right? It’s madness, and it’s all about getting “us” to vote against “them” on both sides. And it really, really needs to stop. 
    • Southern Democrats=KKK!  No denying that fact.  You should have also learned that murder was illegal by then, but that doesn’t stop you from supporting abortion.  
  • Topics