I hope LU is looking...

UNLV

Guest abovetherim

UNLV, you are looking at about $30 million there. If we didn't need to build a soccer and softball facilities we could probably be close to building something like the drawing of a future TSU-San Marcos facility.

UNLV, you are looking at about $30 million there. If we didn't need to build a soccer and softball facilities we could probably be close to building something like the drawing of a future TSU-San Marcos facility.

Correct me if I am wrong, after the field house cost we are left with $18 million for the stadium. If Lamar can raise

$100 million, why not additional $12 million to make $30 million.

Is their room at P-U Stadium to add a second and looks like even a third deck such as the TX State drawing shows?  Not much room on the pressbox side before you reach the access road, and how much room on the student side before the railroad tracks?  Best bet might be to see how things play out attendance wise and then make a horseshoe configuration.  I believe that when this stadium was built there was a plan to possibly make it a bowl shape in the future...but this was, of course, pre-Montagne Center days

Is their room at P-U Stadium to add a second and looks like even a third deck such as the TX State drawing shows?  Not much room on the pressbox side before you reach the access road, and how much room on the student side before the railroad tracks?  Best bet might be to see how things play out attendance wise and then make a horseshoe configuration.  I believe that when this stadium was built there was a plan to possibly make it a bowl shape in the future...but this was, of course, pre-Montagne Center days

Yes there is enough room to expand eventually. I'd say make it a bowl first, then maybe a second deck later if needed. Single deck bowl would get it to roughly 26K (6K on the Montagne side and 2K on the field house side if you keep the filed house visible).

Also, that TSU plan would be a perfect venue for HS State Title Day! Central location and 40-45K seats.

Yes there is enough room to expand eventually. I'd say make it a bowl first, then maybe a second deck later if needed. Single deck bowl would get it to roughly 26K (6K on the Montagne side and 2K on the field house side if you keep the filed house visible).

Also, that TSU plan would be a perfect venue for HS State Title Day! Central location and 40-45K seats.

I'm thinking that you get 8k on the south side bowl and 2k on the north (Montagne) side which would get 27.5k.  Add a 6.5k upper decks on each side and suites accross the south side lower deck and and you have a 40.5k stadium.  That should be a big enough stadium to bring in UH/TCU/Baylor/K State/Iowa State/Ole Miss (maybe TAMU if they stay down) type programs.  This would max out the location and is also dependant on how they locate the field house on the south side.  IF we want a bigger venue, we would have to relocate the stadium.

I'm thinking that you get 8k on the south side bowl and 2k on the north (Montagne) side which would get 27.5k.  Add a 6.5k upper decks on each side and suites accross the south side lower deck and and you have a 40.5k stadium.  That should be a big enough stadium to bring in UH/TCU/Baylor/K State/Iowa State/Ole Miss (maybe TAMU if they stay down) type programs.  This would max out the location and is also dependant on how they locate the field house on the south side.  IF we want a bigger venue, we would have to relocate the stadium.

This would be perfect for Lamar. Anything less would not keep the locals interested.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43