hamshire fannett basketball

jr1979

Congrats to the lady longhorns on winning your volleyball game against orangefield this past tuesday.

But if i'm not mistaken, by this being a 3a ballclub, they may have to cancel their game with my lady jags this friday r/t most if not all their varsity players, for the basketball team, playing v ball. hate to sound selfish, but this will be our second game that we have missed in a row, but i know we wouldn't be getting much work playing against other teams jv squads.Just writing to see if anyone has heard anything as of yet.

P.S. GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY LONGHORNS THIS WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I bet that IS frustrating, cancelling the first two games of the season!  (or playing against a severely undermanned squad).  Central probably needs to schedule 5A/4A games for early next season to avoid that.

Good luck to HF in BB this year, I know they have some talented young ones coming up from junior high that will help them in next few years.

I bet that IS frustrating, cancelling the first two games of the season!  (or playing against a severely undermanned squad).  Central probably needs to schedule 5A/4A games for early next season to avoid that.

Good luck to HF in BB this year, I know they have some talented young ones coming up from junior high that will help them in next few years.

Even if they were to schedule 5A\4A teams it could still happen.  :)

Even if they were to schedule 5A\4A teams it could still happen.   :)

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!  Basketball!!!!!  Bobcat, now what grades do you keep up with/ And is that girls and boys, or girls only? Because I will be cheering HF as we roll through the season

I bet that IS frustrating, cancelling the first two games of the season!  (or playing against a severely undermanned squad).  Central probably needs to schedule 5A/4A games for early next season to avoid that.Good luck to HF in BB this year, I know they have some talented young ones coming up from junior high that will help them in next few years.

HEY HILLGUY TO ADD OR ANSWER YOUR COMMENT ABOUT 4A/5A SCHOOLS ON THE SCHEDULE; WE SCHEDULED TWO QUALITY 3A PROGRAMS,THAT WE DON'T GET TO PLAY, TO GET OUR SEASON STARTED. THESE GAMES WOULD AND SHOULD'VE HAD US READY FOR WHEN THE COLLEGE PARK, RANKED IN TOP 10 IN 5A, ROLLS INTO TOWN NEXT TUESDAY 11/18/08. THIS WILL PROBABLY HAVE US OFF TO A SLOW START, WHICH WE CAN'T AFFORD AGAINST A TEAM OF THIS CALIBER ON NEXT TUESDAY.

Guest bleed orange

Come on "Hillguy" You know that classification means nothing in girls basketball. Central did the right thing. The best competition in this area is 3A.  You guys were 3A once or did you forget.

I hope HillGuy you weren't implying that 3A teams aren't as good as 4A\5A teams.. ::)

Geez ...of course not ('least not in girls BB)!...but its common sense that a 3a school is likely to have more volleyball/basketball players simply due to the enrollment.  Its going to be rolling the dice to schedule a smaller school, even though they should have a great basketball team, during VB playoffs.  BH is barely 4A, and was 3a since long before I attended (a long time ago).  I LOVE 3A!

This year we had 2 varsity players that would have missed the first couple of weeks, but we could have still fielded a competive team even if we had not gone in the second round of VB. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4