Lady Cards vs. Houston Jags Game Thread/Hou Wins In 2 OT's

KFDM COOP

Coach was playing players who would not normally play...

My take....

Cons...

1. Improve ft's

2. With exception of B. Williams, the returning players is showing no improvement. Same mistakes, same turnovers, same poor

shooting...

Pro's

1. Darika Hill... She maybe the team MVP... very good

2. Ang Green...she struggled a bit, however very aggressive. She wasnt shy about shooting. By mid-season

she will be a bad mutha... a star is born tonight...

they would easily be a top slc school...

McNeese 87-74 Houston Jaguars

SHSU 82-81 Houston Jaguars

And yes, SHSU was picked dead last in the SLC and beat them. Of course, it depends which roster you got from Houston Jaguars. There's some good players on their teams and then there are some not so good players.

They had some good players. We couldn't handle the press and the TO's and D killed us. Darika Hill can play... Chrisan can play too she just needs to learn how to hold onto to the ball better. Her and Ang Green could be great in a few years... I saw Kalis Lloyd behind the bench... Ashley Crawford also hurt her knee again, same one which she tore the ACL.

they would easily be a top slc school...

McNeese 87-74 Houston Jaguars

SHSU 82-81 Houston Jaguars

And yes, SHSU was picked dead last in the SLC and beat them. Of course, it depends which roster you got from Houston Jaguars. There's some good players on their teams and then there are some not so good players.

Lamar played the team that nearly beat UH...

They had some good players. We couldn't handle the press and the TO's and D killed us. Darika Hill can play... Chrisan can play too she just needs to learn how to hold onto to the ball better. Her and Ang Green could be great in a few years... I saw Kalis Lloyd behind the bench... Ashley Crawford also hurt her knee again, same one which she tore the ACL.

Are you sure that was Kalis and not Myriam.

Lamar played the team that nearly beat UH...

Looking at the box score, it looks as if SHSU played the same team. SHSU's box does not include full names, but looking at last names -- seems like Chandi Jones, Melissa Abraham and Dominique Thomas -- their top three, all played. Abraham has been on Houston Jaguars for years. Chandi Jones is the former UH great and Amanda Curl (did not play vs SHSU), she's coach Curl's daughter, isn't she?

These travel teams are very interesting. I wish women's hoops did what men's hoops did and not allow games against AAU. Wish it was all NAIA, Div II, Div III or foreign universities (like when SHSU men played the Ottawa Gee-Gees).

Yes, Myriam was on the bench, however she was not in a uniform. Kalis was sitting directly behind the bench.

I wonder what is the story on them.

I heard that she isn't cleared to play yet. But I don't know if there is any truth to this.

That would make sense.

Looking at the Houston Jags schedule, did they actually play 12 games in 12 days?

Link:

This is the hidden content, please

Looks more like 16 in 12 days. They and the Dallas Diesel are the two local semi-pro teams that hit up the area. They probably have two teams considering the amount of players they have in terms of getting those game in. Wonder what the cost to get them to play a team is...

Have not been to a LU Lady Cards game since Ramona Jones (HJ Grad) was playing for the Cards.  Maybe it is time to get a game in!!!!

I like those times because it was real basketball back then in those days. All the ingredients to make a best seller into a movie was surrounding the team. Shoot, even their wins were taken away later on. I sometimes wonder what the old gang are doing now.

Have not been to a LU Lady Cards game since Ramona Jones (HJ Grad) was playing for the Cards.  Maybe it is time to get a game in!!!!

I like those times because it was real basketball back then in those days. All the ingredients to make a best seller into a movie was surrounding the team. Shoot, even their wins were taken away later on. I sometimes wonder what the old gang are doing now.

I remember that run like it was yesterday.

First round we spanked UT

Then we spanked LSU after spotting them a 20-4 lead.

Then we sent Arkansas home

Then Dawn Staley and Virginia sent us home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43