Bob West: Roccaforte may start two freshmen

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Four days before Lamar University’s season opener against Louisiana College, Cardinal basketball coach Steve Roccaforte says he’s strongly considering start two freshmen. And the decision is not all due to the team’s injury situation.

“If we were playing tonight, there is no question Anthony Miles and Charlie Harper would be starting,†Roccaforte said Tuesday. “I seriously doubt that’s going to change between now and Saturday. They have been very impressive.â€

A hamstring injury that’s kept 6-6 junior Ashton Hall on the sidelines for a couple of weeks and a minor concussion that’s kept 6-7 Tristian Worrell on the sidelines has forced Roccaforte to tinker with a guard-heavy lineup that puts the two freshmen on the floor with 5-9 Kenny Dawkins and 5-10 Brandon McThay and 6-7 Jay Brown.

Any trepidation the LU coach might have had about such a small lineup — Miles is 5-11 and Harper 6-6 — was eased considerably in a scrimmage Lamar dominated last Saturday on the home floor of SLC foe Texas-Arlington. It was second time the Cardinals have had the upper hand in a pre-season scrimmage.

Link: http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_316230743.html

Whats the kid's name that left Utah. I thought he was playing this season.  Where is he?

Curtis Eatmon? He is at a junior college... he is just a guy we are recruiting.

MFFL,

Who did we sign?  Or did we sign anyone yet?

C'mon man you got the goods or what? :D :D :D

I don't know if we signed anybody today but we have commitments from:

Johnathan Garza, 5'10 PG from Pflugerville

Nuno Muandumba, 5'11 PG from Pinacle, Arizona... could step into the starting spot as a freshmen next year

Joshua Wesley, 6'5 PF from Missouri City, Texas

Osas Ebomwonyi, 6'8 PF from Pflugerville, supposedly is still learning the game and has a lot of potential to be fulfill.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43