What is the big news?

UNLV

he also gave most of the 2010 schedule.cant remember all but--shsu,mcneese,sela,sfa,south alabama,georgia st,nothern colarado,maybe north dakota,langston or langford--is what i remember.he is still close to landing hawaii.not sure how many we play but he's close to a full schedule.he also said he's approached notre dame,lsu and texas but there not interested.i want to say he felt good about a game with tcu and oklahoma st sometime in the future.he mentioned making the jump to fbs and playing those caliber teams but said we need support to make it viable.woodward aint playin.

he also gave most of the 2010 schedule.cant remember all but--shsu,mcneese,sela,sfa,south alabama,georgia st,nothern colarado,maybe north dakota,langston or langford--is what i remember.he is still close to landing hawaii.not sure how many we play but he's close to a full schedule.he also said he's approached notre dame,lsu and texas but there not interested.i want to say he felt good about a game with tcu and oklahoma st sometime in the future.he mentioned making the jump to fbs and playing those caliber teams but said we need support to make it viable.woodward aint playin.

FBS is big news....

LU could not play an FBS in 2010 or at least, it would not count for the FBS team as far as wins toward bowl eligibility. I believe Hawaii is out for 2010 because they are in talks to North Dakota (who will be a bowl counter that year). Central Arkansas plays Hawaii in 2009.

Great opening schedule -- if you fill out the rest with sub-Div I or SWAC teams, that wouldn't be a bad thing. This is the best opening schedule...yes, I said the BEST opening schedule for a new FCS team in terms of quality of opponent. May have a few bumps in the road because of the high level of competition, but this team will be battle-tested for when they hit the SLC field in 2011.

Should help in recruiting to say that you will play at Kyle Field in 2012!!!!!!!

I read the posts on the link above and it seems that everyone is shocked that LU will have that good of a schedule for their first year back after 21 years.  Should be exciting times in the near future!!!!

Guest coachacola

Looks like Lamar wants to play a lot of FBS teams in the future.  I think they are definitely thinking about going FBS sometime after 2011, but it will probably depend on community support (ticket sales and donations), plus what options are available to move up to a FBS conference.  In any case, it will be fun to watch Woodard build the football program.

The aggies would come to Beaumont with 2 conditions.

1. LU expand the stadium

2. an under the table deal that would have LU let aTm win...

Let me talk in UNLV speak..."Don't confuse young padawan MFFL, master UNLV. The force is strong with him, but he is confused"...

1) A&M is FBS. Lamar is FCS. Outside of the rare visit by a military school, there's no visits to FCS institutions by FBS schools.

2) Even if Lamar goes FBS, A&M is done with making visits to schools like LU. They did the whole La-Lafayette thing during the R.C Slocum era, but new times. A&M will pay LU to come to their place and may give them a "home game" in Houston or San Antonio, but that's about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43