SLC basketball scores

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola

SHSU, TAMU-CC, SFA won big over non-D1 teams.

SELA lost in OT to Arkansas 91-87.

UTSA lost to OK State 76-57.

Texas State beat Cal State Fullerton at home 76-66.

Attendance:

SHSU had 575

TAMU-CC had 1,940

SFA had 4,176  (nice crowd)

SHSU had 575

That is terrible... I don't know how could SH move into a bigger, better, FBS conference with support like that? Our women's exhibition game had about that amount of people maybe more.

That is terrible... I don't know how could SH move into a bigger, better, FBS conference with support like that? Our women's exhibition game had about that amount of people maybe more.

MFFL -- young padawan, you are once again, confused.

SHSU draws students and 10% of the student body at that (which no other SLC school can claim -- yes your attendance is high, but not students), especially when school is back in session in January. Not too worried about attendance.

You dare check the game time? If you would, you would realize that it was yesterday afternoon, while class was still in session. Interesting notion, eh? We had to move the games to 12 and 3 because of the HS Volleyball Regionals that night at our facility. Not sure how a mid-day on Friday game is supposed to draw.

Worth noting our WBB crowd was roughly 2,300 yesterday which was twice that of your biggest WBB home crowd last year.

MFFL, stop following UNLV's lead. Figure you are bit brighter than that...

Guest coachacola

There's seems to always be an excuse why SHSU doesn't draw big crowds.  MFFL's point still holds true, you need support outside of the students.  Ticket sales bring in revenue.  And isn't it a slap in the face of your basketball team to change the season opener because of HS volleyball?  I guess SHSU makes more money from hosting HS volleyball than basketball.

There's seems to always be an excuse why SHSU doesn't draw big crowds.  MFFL's point still holds true, you need support outside of the students.  Ticket sales bring in revenue.  And isn't it a slap in the face of your basketball team to change the season opener because of HS volleyball?  I guess SHSU makes more money from hosting HS volleyball than basketball.

Exactly, your schools isn't 50,000 students. Only 14,000 (just a guess), if we win, are students show up. Also notice how I did not comment on the women's crowd thats a pretty good attendance number.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43