SLC vs Sunbelt

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola

The SLC is now 2-0 against the Sunbelt this year after Nicholls State beat UNO last night.  The SLC plays a lot of games against the Sunbelt this year, it would be nice to have a winning record against them.

Season is still too early to get excited right now.

It's never too early to get excited about Lamar basketball!

Lamar has a good chance of going into Lexington with a 5-0 record, much better than the 1-5 we had to begin with last year.

Hahahaa!  Okay, I wasn't trying to put Lamar down. Boy, I can say you guys stick up for LU even when all hope is lost. And the season just started.

But seriously, I meant what I said on another thread, this is the fastest LU team I've seen since I moved to area some years ago. Go Ca-aaa!  Go Car_r-r-r-!  Okay give me alittle time and I might jump on board as a fan 8)

Guest abovetherim

Man, you read too much into my comment to mffl. If you noticed I haven't tried to debate you for a few months now. Life is too short and I can't change how you feel about Lamar positively or negatively. I do enjoy reading some of your post.  8)

the slc should have a winning record against the SBelt this year.  Lamar with a win this weekend would have done its part. Like I said we are in for a treat the next couple of years at LU. Things are falling into place... we just need to do what we have to do to keep ROC here.

Man, you read too much into my comment to mffl. If you noticed I haven't tried to debate you for a few months now. Life is too short and I can't change how you feel about Lamar positively or negatively. I do enjoy reading some of your post.  8)

I think you mean Bluedove... I didn't read anything into it.

I would really like to see a drive to purchase a new sound system and score board for the Montagne center. We need to try to get corp sponsors much like they did for the jumbotron at Nederland. It cost the school very little money to get that going and the scoreboard company did the solicitations for those sponsors. And I do agree that it is funny when schools say how did we lose to LU.... Hopefully we will hear that from some schools from the Big 12 or another big conference soon.

the slc should have a winning record against the SBelt this year.  Lamar with a win this weekend would have done its part. Like I said we are in for a treat the next couple of years at LU. Things are falling into place... we just need to do what we have to do to keep ROC here.

Are you a betting person? Whatcha got you wanna lose..err bet?

3-1 vs the Sunbelt....thanks SHSU, we can always count on you to mess things up....

We're just happy Lamar is actually winning OOC games...

SHSU has been the school to carry the banner for years. Heck, even SLU and NWST got into the act. About time LU is winning games, even if against teams which are missing three starters. Got to do what you can, eh?

3-1 vs the Sunbelt....thanks SHSU, we can always count on you to mess things up....

We're just happy Lamar is actually winning OOC games...

SHSU has been the school to carry the banner for years. Heck, even SLU and NWST got into the act. About time LU is winning games, even if against teams which are missing three starters. Got to do what you can, eh?

Your past does nothing for us today.... next excuse...

Did I mention that "the Mean Green put an end to Sam Houston State's 45-game non-conference home winning streak with a 76-71 victory in Huntsville"? ;D

UNT fans have at least one thing to brag about this year.  So far, Todd Dodge has been a bust.

i would normally pull for the southland team but i like the fact we have the streak now.send todd down here to beaumont.we will take him.

Guest abovetherim

Give Todd Dodge at least 3 recruiting classes and I bet you'll see better results. He didn't forget how to coach and motivate young people. Just my two cents.

I'm with you Rim, TD will turn it around  in two seasons.

I hope you're right, but with two games to go in his second season and two recruiting classes under his belt, Dodge is sitting at 3-19.  The starting 22 includes several "walk-ons" recruited by the previous coach.  In fact, most of Dodges' recruits have been wide receivers and DB's, several who have left the team.  So far, he has recruited poorly when it comes to Defensive tackles, ends, and linebackers, and offensive linemen.  The big defensive tackle out of Nederland HS wanted UNT to offer him so he could play with Mosley but he's now committed to Baylor.  And the sad part is, some of the "high school" coaches he brought in are failing miserably at the FBS level and Dodge has said he will retain his current staff for 2009.

Guest coachacola

As a high school there's not much recruiting you need to do, you're pretty much stuck with the talent in the school district.  Todd Dodge was winning at a large high school with a ton of talent.  UNT took a big chance on him because they had no idea if he could recruit or not.  And it looks like he hasn't hired any assistants that can recruit either.  He may be a great coach but if you can't get any talent then what good does it do you?

As a high school there's not much recruiting you need to do, you're pretty much stuck with the talent in the school district.  Todd Dodge was winning at a large high school with a ton of talent.  UNT took a big chance on him because they had no idea if he could recruit or not.  And it looks like he hasn't hired any assistants that can recruit either.  He may be a great coach but if you can't get any talent then what good does it do you?

Exactly!  Dodge's system was/is taught at the middle school level up in Southlake.  When the kids hit high school they know the system well.  Add to that, Southlake is a very affluent area of the Dallas area.  Lots of money.  Fast forward to Dodge and his HS assistants having to recruit in the inner city areas of Dallas, Fort Worth, and everything in between.  Like putting a round peg into a square.

I hope I'm wrong and Todd can be successful at the college level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43