It's time for hoops, Silsbee Tiger style!!!!

Now that my Tigers football season has ended, it's time for the Tiger roundball team to get it going. Silsbee will have 4 players coming off the football team, 1 being their best player in all-stater Shannon Robinson. Once these guys get their basketball legs under them, lookout!!

I look for the Tigers to be much better this year than last year, and Silsbee went to the state semis last year.

Austin Bound!!!

who else is coming out of football for silsbee.

Latarron Barnes, Prentice Lane, Josh Skinner and Shannon RObinson

Josh will help inside with his big body. '6"6 250lb

With Lane at '6"2, that puts Silsbee fielding a team with at least 8 players at '6'2 or better. Two '6"6 players, a '6"4, three at '6"3, and a few more at '6"2. This Tiger team looks very potent.

Master T, I heard that Jeremy was thinking about playing. I really would like to see him back on the court.

I have no idea yet. But I heard it too. he was a beast on the court last year, he would do wonder if he play this year. And you are right about how we have the height players. We had an transfer from Ozen a few weeks ago but I don't think he will be able to play for awhile that I know of because his credit arent good for SHS. Silsbee will be deep in every aspect of the game. They have the height, the speed, the defense, the guard, and most of all each other. Alot of their players will be a big factors on the team. I cannot see silsbee going any shorter than state this year.

I have no idea yet. But I heard it too. he was a beast on the court last year, he would do wonder if he play this year. And you are right about how we have the height players. We had an transfer from Ozen a few weeks ago but I don't think he will be able to play for awhile that I know of because his credit arent good for SHS. Silsbee will be deep in every aspect of the game. They have the height, the speed, the defense, the guard, and most of all each other. Alot of their players will be a big factors on the team. I cannot see silsbee going any shorter than state this year.

there is no player from ozen, if johnson were a beast he would have played last year...silsbee will be competitve again this year

there is no player from ozen, if johnson were a beast he would have played last year...silsbee will be competitve again this year

Going to the state semis, reaching the regional final for the 3rd time in the last 4 years, winning more than 26 games a year the last 4 years is what you call competitive?? ::) Give me a break! I believe you are intentionally selling the Tigers short. Must be a personal problem. ::)

Guest tigersvoice

Come on, Master T, let's tone down the hyperbole.  I believe I saw every basketball game that Jeremy played in last year and it was clear that he was a promising sophomore with natural talent and a lot of athleticism.  Beastly - no.  Jeremy Johnson is such an athlete that he will help your team whatever you are playing.  But he chose not to continue playing last year.  I did not hear why he made that decision and I didn't ask.  But if he does play this year, he will be a promising junior with natural talent and a lot of athleticism (having waived a year of development where his team went to the state tournament).  I hope Jeremy Johnson plays basketball this year with the Silsbee Tigers.  But if he does he needs to understand that he won't be THE STAR and he may not even start.

Going to the state semis, reaching the regional final for the 3rd time in the last 4 years, winning more than 26 games a year the last 4 years is what you call competitive?? ::) Give me a break! I believe you are intentionally selling the Tigers short. Must be a personal problem. ::)

was being sarcastic about competitive..just so everyone is clear I think the Tigers are underrated at #6 they have worked hard since they left austin in march and have improved at every position with every player they will be able to play big or small,,, fast or slow,, have great senior leadershp.. could and should be consider a legitimate state champion

Come on, Master T, let's tone down the hyperbole.  I believe I saw every basketball game that Jeremy played in last year and it was clear that he was a promising sophomore with natural talent and a lot of athleticism.  Beastly - no.  Jeremy Johnson is such an athlete that he will help your team whatever you are playing.  But he chose not to continue playing last year.  I did not hear why he made that decision and I didn't ask.  But if he does play this year, he will be a promising junior with natural talent and a lot of athleticism (having waived a year of development where his team went to the state tournament).  I hope Jeremy Johnson plays basketball this year with the Silsbee Tigers.  But if he does he needs to understand that he won't be THE STAR and he may not even start.

I don't like to call people out but I been knowing the basketball players for years. I know what type of talents these guys has and how they play the game. Silsbee whole squad is a beast. If you don't know the terrm of "BEAST", I suggest you look it up by asking one of the Silsbee Tiger basketball players. I'm not trying to make trouble but it just that you haven't known these boys like I do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba