*West Brook vs. Dickinson Playoff Updates*WB FALLS 18-17!!!!!

KFDM COOP

Well, another quick exit.  Dickinson was the more physical team.  They stacked up on defense and forced us to try and pass.  On offense, they ran the ball well.  Brook had too many chances to make plays and they just didn't do it.  Two dropped interceptions and a couple of fumbles that it looked like we were all over and somehow, Dickinson always seemed to come up with it. 

On the other hand, both times Brook put the ball on the ground, Dickinson got it.  With all that, Brook was still in position to win at the end.  On 3rd and 6 at the Dickinson 25 with about 1 minute left, we had a receiver wide open with room to run at the 15 and it was dropped.  That wasn't the cause of the loss, but that kid catches that ball 99 out of 100.

Still, a great season.  Lots of new guys will have to step up next year.

Guest JoesBros

Give Dickison credit on putting the pressure on the Brook offense to pass. No doubt they were focusing on not letting CM beat them today. CM had around 95 yards on the ground i believe. Ive enjoyed covering this team all season. I know they are good enough to make a late run but I guess it wasnt in the plans again. So much for playing Katy at all this season. Congrats to Coach Stump and his staff on a great year.

What a gutsy call for the gators to go for 2 and the the lead with 2 minutes left.  If they don't make it WB probably wins.  Good game to watch.  As a gator fan i have a question for WB, what is the range of your FG kicker?  If he is the punter it looked like he has a great leg.  I was sweating that at the end of the game.  Anyways, great game gentlemen and congrats on a great season.  There were not many teams still playing today so heads up and enjoy the success you had this year.  Well done.

Nice post.  Thanks lefty!  Your guys played hard for 4 quarters.  Nice trick play mixed in there too.  Our kicker hasn't tried many fieldgoals this year.  I would think 35 would be about his max.  When we stalled at the 25, I don't believe we even thought about trying it.

Good luck against Katy.

We definitely had our chances to win the ball game today, but indecision at QB and poor offensive play left us in a hole and no "go to" guy. Dickinson did a great job of stopping #33. Without an established running game, our passing game was not effective. Defense looked like a different unit from last week. Without their heads up play, we would have fallen farther behind from the beginning. KUDOS to them. Even if we had won the game, Katy would have crushed us next week. As you will see, Dickinson doesn't stand a chance of beating a Katy team that has hit their stride. They will lose by at least 4 TD's. Congrats to my Bruins on an OK season, at best. I certainly had higher aspirations for you, and us, this season. However, it just wasn't in the cards. We got beat by an overachieving team today, and it will hurt trying to stomach this loss over the offseason. We were the better team today, but we couldn't put it together. I don't know if it was bad playcalling by the coaching staff, or the fact that our boys seemed to be focused on playing Katy instead of Dickinson. I am disappointed in the result today, but overall, I am proud to be a Bruin......and proud of my team. Next year definitely looks to be a rebuilding year, as we are probably two years away from putting another dominant team on the field. We will be competitive next season, but will have to wait till our freshman team is up to the varsity level to have out next shot at a state title. Good luck at the next level, boys. I look forward to watching some of you on Saturdays from now on........82 5A State Champs, signing off till next season.

I'm not surprised at West Brook loss today. The bruins were way too over confident that there offense would be able to move the ball. Dickinson's defense was very athletic, West Brook had no 2nd, 3rd or 4th option to held run the ball. # 12 had a horrible day (sometimes athletes have days like this). West Brook defense played there heart out. Would have been a good confidants builder for the defense for the Katy game (that  not going to happen now). To all the Seniors Thanks for all the exciting plays, great games and accomplishments you had the pass 4 years. It has been pleasure. Thank you!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba