*West Brook vs. Dickinson Playoff Updates*WB FALLS 18-17!!!!!

KFDM COOP

We definitely had our chances to win the ball game today, but indecision at QB and poor offensive play left us in a hole and no "go to" guy. Dickinson did a great job of stopping #33. Without an established running game, our passing game was not effective. Defense looked like a different unit from last week. Without their heads up play, we would have fallen farther behind from the beginning. KUDOS to them. Even if we had won the game, Katy would have crushed us next week. As you will see, Dickinson doesn't stand a chance of beating a Katy team that has hit their stride. They will lose by at least 4 TD's. Congrats to my Bruins on an OK season, at best. I certainly had higher aspirations for you, and us, this season. However, it just wasn't in the cards. We got beat by an overachieving team today, and it will hurt trying to stomach this loss over the offseason. We were the better team today, but we couldn't put it together. I don't know if it was bad playcalling by the coaching staff, or the fact that our boys seemed to be focused on playing Katy instead of Dickinson. I am disappointed in the result today, but overall, I am proud to be a Bruin......and proud of my team. Next year definitely looks to be a rebuilding year, as we are probably two years away from putting another dominant team on the field. We will be competitive next season, but will have to wait till our freshman team is up to the varsity level to have out next shot at a state title. Good luck at the next level, boys. I look forward to watching some of you on Saturdays from now on........82 5A State Champs, signing off till next season.

I agree with you on the indecision making from Brook's QB.  Wrong decisions on the option, intentional grounding (which the refs called a fumble   ??? ??? ), and whether to run or pass.  Young man tried and played his heart out though.  

I agree with you on they keying in on Michael, although I believe Michael  did too much dancing in the backfield.  

I do not believe Brook would have lost by 4 TD's to katy.  

I do believe that Brook had something nice by sending LB blitzes in to dissrupt Dickinson's offense.  They went away from it in the second half.  The Dickinson QB had entirely too much time in the pocket.  Also, Dickinson's offensive playcalling was so predictable!  If they run a play, and it works, they do it the next play, and the play after that untill you stop it.  It was going like this all day long.  

I do not believe that next year, will be a rebuilding year.  Yall have something good going on in the West End and y'all will make the playoffs next year.

Congrads on a great season, Brook.  I will be with yall again next year (except if they are playing Central   ;D  )

We definitely had our chances to win the ball game today, but indecision at QB and poor offensive play left us in a hole and no "go to" guy. Dickinson did a great job of stopping #33. Without an established running game, our passing game was not effective. Defense looked like a different unit from last week. Without their heads up play, we would have fallen farther behind from the beginning. KUDOS to them. Even if we had won the game, Katy would have crushed us next week. As you will see, Dickinson doesn't stand a chance of beating a Katy team that has hit their stride. They will lose by at least 4 TD's. Congrats to my Bruins on an OK season, at best. I certainly had higher aspirations for you, and us, this season. However, it just wasn't in the cards. We got beat by an overachieving team today, and it will hurt trying to stomach this loss over the offseason. We were the better team today, but we couldn't put it together. I don't know if it was bad playcalling by the coaching staff, or the fact that our boys seemed to be focused on playing Katy instead of Dickinson. I am disappointed in the result today, but overall, I am proud to be a Bruin......and proud of my team. Next year definitely looks to be a rebuilding year, as we are probably two years away from putting another dominant team on the field. We will be competitive next season, but will have to wait till our freshman team is up to the varsity level to have out next shot at a state title. Good luck at the next level, boys. I look forward to watching some of you on Saturdays from now on........82 5A State Champs, signing off till next season.

I agree with you on the indecision making from Brook's QB.  Wrong decisions on the option, intentional grounding (which the refs called a fumble   ??? ??? ), and whether to run or pass.  Young man tried and played his heart out though.  

I agree with you on they keying in on Michael, although I believe Michael  did too much dancing in the backfield.  

I do believe that Brook had something nice by sending LB blitzes in to dissrupt Dickinson's offense.  They went away from it in the second half.  The Dickinson QB had entirely too much time in the pocket.  Also, Dickinson's offensive playcalling was so predictable!  If they run a play, and it works, they do it the next play, and the play after that untill you stop it.  It was going like this all day long.  

I do not believe that next year, will be a rebuilding year.  Yall have something good going on in the West End and y'all will make the playoffs next year.

Congrads on a great season, Brook.  I will be with yall again next year (except if they are playing Central   ;D  )

We are losing 30+ seniors and all of our playmakers....we will be rebuilding for the 2010 season. Given the fact that we're in a 6 team district, and four of those will make the playoffs, we'd really have to screw up to not make the playoffs. I'm not sure if we would make it out of the first round, but we'll be there. Stump's oldest son was the QB on a freshman squad that beat NS this year.....the only team to beat NS. When that group get's up to the varsity level, WATCH OUT! We should make some noise in a couple of years. ;)

Da Brook was outplayed today especialy in the trenches qb was forced in to bad decision no protection pass &run blocking was not there but all said good season and on that turn it was not a fumble backward pass ......on next year we should be able to compete have a decent nucleus returing # 55 45 70 41 81 19 31

30 53 82 next year later

I do not believe that next year, will be a rebuilding year.  Yall have something good going on in the West End and y'all will make the playoffs next year.

We are losing 30+ seniors and all of our playmakers....we will be rebuilding for the 2010 season. Given the fact that we're in a 6 team district, and four of those will make the playoffs, we'd really have to screw up to not make the playoffs. I'm not sure if we would make it out of the first round, but we'll be there. Stump's oldest son was the QB on a freshman squad that beat NS this year.....the only team to beat NS. When that group get's up to the varsity level, WATCH OUT! We should make some noise in a couple of years. ;)

Supposedly, both PAM freshmen teams beat NS also.....

Making the playoffs is not a 'rebuilding' year.  Don't let your sucess cloud your judgement.  Yall may not win district, heck, yall might night even be second place in the district.  All that matters is playoffs.  Once you get in, anything can happen. 

true, true. Remember that magical 84'' French squad. They came out of no where. Everyweek the headlines would ask could they be 4real. They were. WestBrook won't sneak up on anyone, but with the intellect of that coaching staff, they'll be in a positive position every year. The 4 team playoff system plays in yalls favor. Baytown schools are sharing talent, and Channelview never competes well. I see Brook in playoffs consistantly. I see no change in that. This years team was the best i've seen in a longtime in the westend. Good luck Bruins

i

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba