Denver at Lamar OFFICIAL THREAD!!!/CARDS WIN!!!!

Guest mffl

Guest coachacola

I went to the game and was happy to see LU get the win.  Does any one know why Miles and Riley started the game instead of Dawkins and McThay?  Also, the announced attendance was over 3700 but when the game started there wasn't near than many fans there.

Worrell and Brown are playing a lot better than last year.  I like their hustle a lot and Worrell seems to be able to score now.  Before the season started I thought rebounding would be a problem but tonight they really hit the boards.  Custer has improved too but he's probably a year away from being a solid contributer.

Hall is getting better each game.  His offense isn't there, but he's hustling on defense and had 4 blocked shots.  Miles and Williams had some bright spots too.

The game was pretty slow and ugly in the first half.  LU played a lot better in the 2nd half.  A big difference between this year's team and last year is that they turn the ball over less and they are able to take the ball to the hole.  They rely less on jumpers and 3-pointers and attack the basket.  In the past they would miss easy layups or settle for a jumper, this year they make things happen.

It's a shame Harper is hurt, I would have liked to have seen him play.  Hopefully he'll be full strength come conference time.  Nwevo is still walking with a limp, he may be out for a while.  Any possibility of him redshirting like Nabors?

Dawkins and McThay drive this team.  I pray they stay healthy the whole season, especially Dawkins.  He's special and without him this would be a mediocre team.

One last thing, I like this schedule.  Playing some decent but not real tough competition to start the season before playing the real good teams.  I'm sure some loses are coming but they will be in the thick of things come conference time.

first time to see the cards this year and like what i saw.the quality of this coaching staff is going to pay big dividends.i havent seen an lu team that organized in a good while.worrell and brown had good games.crowd was flat but its early.

LU needs more student support. At UNLV they gave a section of the Thomas & Mack to the dorms. We would rally all dorm students

to the game. We would March to the game together. It was at least 1,000 of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43