LU Jr Varsity 2 ,Sun Belt Conf 0

woodman

Kind of a boring game but I thought the guys played very well especially knowing they only suited out 7 scholarship players.  Not pleased with the crowd ~ 3400.

Woodman, I can appreciate your loyalty to LU basketball. There are a few other fans on the forum but there are a few of us who try and keep you guys in check. Right now, you're playing a JV schedule and only time will tell what true colors LU will be wearing for the season ;)

Bluedove, I'm trying to figure out what your colors are? Who is your favorite team in our part of the country?  Who do you pull for?

I have been a loyal LU fan and season ticket holder for over 25 years. I stared with Pat Foster and been have with them ever since. I agree we have had good times and bad. I have sat trough good years when we had good coaches and 5,000 plus fans in the stands every game. I have been through tough times with Bad coaches when there was maybe 800 people in the stands for the games. I think we have one of the best facilities in the conference with the Montague center ( except of the scoreboard). It may not have the character of the old McDonalds Gym or the Civic Center but when it is rocking, it can't be beat. I am excited with Roc as our coach. His drive, recruiting , his game plan and untiring work ethic will take this team and following ones to new heights.

I know I may be over energetic but this is what a good loyal fan does. As for playing JV ball, we are not playing top 20 teams so far but we are not playing St. Mary's School of the Blind either. Not sure the Raging Cajuns would appreciate the reference to JV either.

Keep faith and hang on, we'll convert you. :)

Go wood.... Blue dove is the 2nd most negative on this board.... I just have one question... how do you call our competition JV.... We have beat 2 FBS conference opponents and we are about to beat another on Tuesday.. We are winning games that we used to lose... I think if we played the SWAC or some of the lower tiered WCC or Big Sky conference teams we would be playing JV teams....

Guest coachacola

I believe Bluedove is a UH grad, but he's coming around to the virtues of LU basketball.  LU needs some big wins to make him a true believer.

And speaking of the Sunbelt, ULL lost to Utah Valley State by 30 points in Utah Saturday.  They are playing awful right now.  But Utah Valley is now 3-0 and LU plays them in Utah in February in the middle of conference play.  That game could be trouble for them.

I believe Bluedove is a UH grad, but he's coming around to the virtues of LU basketball.  LU needs some big wins to make him a true believer.

And speaking of the Sunbelt, ULL lost to Utah Valley State by 30 points in Utah Saturday.  They are playing awful right now.  But Utah Valley is now 3-0 and LU plays them in Utah in February in the middle of conference play.  That game could be trouble for them.

Utah Valley has some real scorers if I remember correctly. Plus we play SFA then only get a day break (a travel day too) and go to UVSU. It'll be a tough one to pull off.

Da Dove is a UH grad. But let me make this perfectly clear (again). I wish nothing but good for LU basketball. I think this is one of the most exciting (well quickest) LU teams I have seen in a very long time. They actually play entertaining basketball now. Roc has done a good job of putting this team together. But, I'm not going to sit here and pretend LU have beaten quality teams and headed for a conference championship. I'm waiting for the heat to rise and then I'll see what ingredients are in the heat of battle, win or lose.

You are right, LU has not beat any quality teams yet, but we have beat teams that we are supposed to beat, which is something we didn't do at the beginning of last year and even years past.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43