*HJ vs. Kountze Updates/HJ Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

hj 82 kountze 64 that was the final =] tonight was a totally different hj  team compared to the nederland game..hj was working together tonight everything just flowed ...kountze was a talented team who will do great in 2a. congrats to hj!! keep it flowing and good luck to kountze throughout the season !!! ;D ;D

HJ won 82-64 and led all night by as many as 20.  Kountze fought back and cut it to 7 on two occasions.  HJ was led by Jarvis Benard tonight and I would guess that he had around 26-28 and only hit one 3 and it came with 4 minutes left when Kountze cut it to 7.  Kountze is very athletic and quick and they began to wear down the Hawks later in the game.  Jarvis was the best player on the floor but Ramon Walker is a beast and can handle the ball better than I expected.  Kountze will go deep in the playoffs with the coaching and experience that they have.

I will be the first to admit that the refs were not exactly good tonight.  There were bad and I mean bad calls tonight and HJ did benefit more than Kountze............however it may have made the game a little closer but HJ still has the better team overall IMO!!!!!

HJ finally played the way that they know how to and are expected to.  I really thought after Friday's loss to Nederland that it was going to be a long season and that the Hawks possibly could not compete with Silsbee, but I have renewed my faith and feel like the Hawks have rebounded from the loss and will once again be a force in 21-3A!!!!!!

Best of luck to Kountze this season!!!!

Jarvis had 28 and Jacoby Turner had 32 tonight.

HJ was 2 of 20 from 3 point land tonight.  That makes 2 of 37 for the last two games.  That is good news and bad news.  The good news obviously being that this trend won't continue and when they break out it could ugly.  The bad news is they will have to grind it out until then.

Seems like HJ are still struggling for the arc and free throw line. And other than Turner and Benard who can HJ really rely on to put points on the board. Burrell is not really who I would call that they would rely on because he's more of the man that post out, get rebound, and block to me. HJ is a good team but they are like the Celtics only relying on them three guys which put a lot of pressure on them every night they play.

HJ will not face many teams that apply more pressure than Kountze and Silsbee.  If it takes getting 60 from those two to win then I will take it.  One thing that you must remember is that HJ has 3 players (Benard, Burrell and Turner) that have ever played Varsity ball before.  Others will get more involved and comfortable as the season goes.  Tonight Ricossa was a very solid player on the inside and his presence was felt in rebounding, blocking shots, taking 2 or 3 charges and scoring.  I guess he had around 10 points.  Also Gus is a sophomore and is getting better by the day.  They are not as deep as in the past but with the 1-2-3 punch of the Big 3 then they will do fine.  You can usually take one player out of his game but it will be tough to take all 3 out on a given night.

I was impressed tonight with Turner,he scored at will on the drive.Jarvis was able to penetrate and score tonight and shot free throws well.Trey was money from the line down the stretch.This was a pretty close ballgame until Kountze got in foul trouble midway in the 3rd.The Hawks struggled a little on the boards but played with the intensity I was expecting.Kountze dug themselves a hole in the 1st with turnovers and were playing catchup after only scoring 7 in the 1st.They had a chance to get back in it cutting the lead to 7 late in the 4th but their free throw shooting was off.Walker is solid but is playing a little out of position I think,his strength is 12-14 ft jumpers.Overall this was a pretty good early season ballgame.

Great Game Atmosphere. I Think H-J is very Good at what they do. When they are hustling and showiing intenseness they are very hard to beat.  My Lions dug ourselves in a hole early in the game with Turnovers which should not of happen but its still early in the season. Roman Walker had 6 pts which was an off night for him Milton Williams carried the load with about 20. Both teams shot the ball horrible but overall good game Jarvis Bernard is a heck of a player for his size and the Hawks were flying all over the court Kountze will be okay Zay McDaniel Stud Soph was in foul trouble throughout the game with 3 fouls in the 1st quarter and picked up his 4th when he returned in the 3rd. Domingo smith PG fouled out in the 3rd. in the 4th Roman Walker David Johnson and Milton Williams all starters fouled out. Still without Jack McKnight due to Sprained ankle should be back next week though.

Couple of things:

Trey was 10/10 from the FT line

and

And other than Turner and Benard who can HJ really rely on to put points on the board. Burrell is not really who I would call that they would rely on because he's more of the man that post out, get rebound, and block to me.

Trey is a perimeter player/guard. And all three of these guys are capable of going for 20-30 on any night.  In their first game Trey scored 20 and Jarvis scored 34.  In their second game Trey scored 24 and the difference was Jacoby and Jarvis only combined for about 20.  Last night Jarvis (28), Jacoby (32), and Trey (10).  The young players will come along and fill their roles nicely.

HJ is a good team but they are like the Celtics only relying on them three guys which put a lot of pressure on them every night they play.

I'll tell you what, if these guys are the high school version of the "Big 3" then you can say what you want, I sure like the result the "Big 3" had at the end of their season.

HJ played much better last night although their 3's still arent falling but they will and when they do HJ will be alot tougher to handle...it looked like a completly different HJ team hustling making most of their free throws taking the ball the rack instead of settling on the long shot and taking charges we left it all out on the court and if we can play like that every game i will like our chances to keep winning if we play like we did against nederland it might be a longg season but coach sutherland will not allow the second to happen great game hawks

First of all sorry i didn't make the Nederland game, But I was glad I was able to make this one, it was a great ball game by both teams, Kountze definitely has a great team, coach Jubert does a great job with them. I loved to see the Hawks break the press like they did, that can only help us later when we face other teams like Silsbee, as for your big three and stopping them, we will see how it goes I think you are a little presumptuous to think you will beat them EVERY time you play them, we will see how it goes I know you have a great team, but anything is possible. We saw that last year in huntsville.

Well I' predicted ktz to WIN AND THEY CAN'T HELP THE BAD GAME THE REFS CALLED WITH 4 STARTERS FOULING OUT AND STILL WITHOUT 2 PLAYERS DUE TO INJURY I'M NOT THE ONE TO TALK ABOUT THE REFS BUT THEY MESSED UP BIG TIME. AS FAR AS H-J THEY ARE GOOD AND EXPECT THEM TO DO GREAT THINGS BUT KTZ IS THE BETTER TEAM ON A NEUTRAL FLOOR. IMO.

HJ played much better last night although their 3's still arent falling but they will and when they do HJ will be alot tougher to handle...it looked like a completly different HJ team hustling making most of their free throws taking the ball the rack instead of settling on the long shot and taking charges we left it all out on the court and if we can play like that every game i will like our chances to keep winning if we play like we did against nederland it might be a longg season but coach sutherland will not allow the second to happen great game hawks

The 3' still arent falling?..It rained 3's in Huntington from WAY down town....whats the deal?...lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4