Historic Playoff Run Over For Central

I know there's a thread on going with back and forth between Central/Traingle fans and F'wood fans but I feel Stowars and Co. help F'wood by leaving about 8 points on the field.  Can't blame them for the missed xtra point try but kicking field goals in the first quarter vs. going for 4th and short---making that and scoring TD's was the difference in the game along with play calling in the 3rd quarter as if they were up by 14.  Central's D did all it could under the circumstances defending a short field the majority of the 3rd quarter.  I understand wanting to run the ball but you can't run out of that 2 TE formation because that allows all 11 defenders in the box.  If they would kept the 2 WR formation plus some broken Bone once and a while, the run and the pass would've been available.  Maybe, just maybe, they would've ran Friendswood out of Shanadoah and would be getting ready for Lake Travis...

Oh well, nobody could've predicted this kind of sucess for CMMHS Class of '09.  Good luck to the Seniors who left it all out on the field and hopefully Central, along with Ozen, will be back in the thick of 20 4A next season....

I know there's a thread on going with back and forth between Central/Traingle fans and F'wood fans but I feel Stowars and Co. help F'wood by leaving about 8 points on the field.  Can't blame them for the missed xtra point try but kicking field goals in the first quarter vs. going for 4th and short---making that and scoring TD's was the difference in the game along with play calling in the 3rd quarter as if they were up by 14.  Central's D did all it could under the circumstances defending a short field the majority of the 3rd quarter.  I understand wanting to run the ball but you can't run out of that 2 TE formation because that allows all 11 defenders in the box.  If they would kept the 2 WR formation plus some broken Bone once and a while, the run and the pass would've been available.  Maybe, just maybe, they would've ran Friendswood out of Shanadoah and would be getting ready for Lake Travis...

Oh well, nobody could've predicted this kind of sucess for CMMHS Class of '09.  Good luck to the Seniors who left it all out on the field and hopefully Central, along with Ozen, will be back in the thick of 20 4A next season....

Well said, 85....well said! ;)

Well said, 85....well said! ;)

I agree, y'all had the speed on us so keeping 2 WR out there would have spread our defence out, just too predictable in the 2nd half. Once again congradulations on your season, I have much more respect for Central than I did before. We both have young teams so maybe we will be seeing y'all next year around the same time  ;). Wish us luck vs. LT!

Dude, you're not serious...are you? ???  We've been running out of out Two TE set since Nederland and have been pretty darn good with it!  I know you're just being a fan and stating you opinion, but we manhandled them up front!  They were making shoestring tackles and even late in the game they were finding ways to make plays...which is what a good team should do!  Our problem seemed to be depth or the lack of it at certain positions...CT #9 barely plays b/c of the flu...DM #9 sprains his ankle...TH #52 pulls a muscle in his back during the first drive and he's a major part of the succress of the line!....well needless to say we had our opportunties to get it done and we didn't!  They started to force us to run up the middle and with our #1 FB out...we had to got w/ the bigger and not as quick guy who did quite well going both ways! 

Dude, you're not serious...are you? ???  We've been running out of out Two TE set since Nederland and have been pretty darn good with it!  I know you're just being a fan and stating you opinion, but we manhandled them up front!  They were making shoestring tackles and even late in the game they were finding ways to make plays...which is what a good team should do!  Our problem seemed to be depth or the lack of it at certain positions...CT #9 barely plays b/c of the flu...DM #9 sprains his ankle...TH #52 pulls a muscle in his back during the first drive and he's a major part of the succress of the line!....well needless to say we had our opportunties to get it done and we didn't!  They started to force us to run up the middle and with our #1 FB out...we had to got w/ the bigger and not as quick guy who did quite well going both ways! 

Real simple OB, with the 2 TE set you allow the defense to keep 11 in the box which at least 2 will go unblocked on every play.  Central ran the ball better out of the 2 WR/Wishbone set which F'wood had to at least play man with the Corners and keep if not 1 but both Safeties back.  They just got too conservative IMO considering this is a win or go home situation.  The one trick play that was tried was a bust from the get go. 

Real simple OB, with the 2 TE set you allow the defense to keep 11 in the box which at least 2 will go unblocked on every play.  Central ran the ball better out of the 2 WR/Wishbone set which F'wood had to at least play man with the Corners and keep if not 1 but both Safeties back.  They just got too conservative IMO considering this is a win or go home situation.  The one trick play that was tried was a bust from the get go. 

No doubt about that...I screaming for a QB throwback...man he was wide open...but as far leaving two unblocked you're right...two on the back side...if a backside dudes catches you the play took too long.  They had it set up for the FB and playside SB to pick up the overhang guy and the first threat inside...putting our back one on one with the safety...which I'll take anytime!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba