**TABC Girls State Rankings (Dec. 22)**

No disrepect intended to any of the local clubs but I gotta question the validity of this pole.Looking at the strength of the clubs in past years and their rankings I would say Kountze probably is a top 20 team,other than that I think these folks are voting on reputation and hear say.Central has a good club as does Woodville and Evadale but probably not a top 20 club.I quess it's just opinions anyway until February.

No disrepect intended to any of the local clubs but I gotta question the validity of this pole.Looking at the strength of the clubs in past years and their rankings I would say Kountze probably is a top 20 team,other than that I think these folks are voting on reputation and hear say.Central has a good club as does Woodville and Evadale but probably not a top 20 club.I quess it's just opinions anyway until February.

I'd love to know what you think about Orangefield and Brabers Hill too...

I didn't mean to leave Orangefield or BH out of my reply.My observation is more about the validity of the poll than the teams that are in it.I haven't seen O-field or BH play this year but by looking at the records and the strength of schedule I would have to say they probably won't be in the top 20 teams in the state.There are some very good clubs in all classifications when you go statewide.To be a legitimate top 20 club you have to have the 1 dominate game changing player to go to when you need to win the big games at crunch time.I'm just not sure these clubs possess that type player.Are these some of the better teams in SETEX?You bet they are.Are they top 20 teams in the entire state?Probably not,at least in my opinion.You said you wanted the board to liven up a little,this should do it  ;) ;) ;)

I didn't mean to leave Orangefield or BH out of my reply.My observation is more about the validity of the poll than the teams that are in it.I haven't seen O-field or BH play this year but by looking at the records and the strength of schedule I would have to say they probably won't be in the top 20 teams in the state.There are some very good clubs in all classifications when you go statewide.To be a legitimate top 20 club you have to have the 1 dominate game changing player to go to when you need to win the big games at crunch time.I'm just not sure these clubs possess that type player.Are these some of the better teams in SETEX?You bet they are.Are they top 20 teams in the entire state?Probably not,at least in my opinion.You said you wanted the board to liven up a little,this should do it  ;) ;) ;)

I think if you have a good TEAM, one player won't make you a Top 20 TEAM. That doesn't even make sense.

Do I think Orangefield is over ranked? You're dang right I do!  Has Orangefield finished ranked in the Top 20 for the last 5 years, sure have! You said something about reputation...No...It's more like tradition...

That 1 game changing player is what makes good teams top 20 material.Orangefield was a top 20 team in the past because they had a solid team and a very good crunch time player in Little.Look at last years playoff loss as an example.I am a huge SETEX basketball fan but I'm also a realist and from what I've seen this year I think it's a strech to say we have that many top 20 teams in the area.A true top 20 team should expect to be in the regional tournament and I don't know how many qualifiers we will have this year.The reason I like Kountze is simple,they are sound at every position,have a good inside presence and a couple of girls who can light you up on any given night.Plus they have a very good coach.

That 1 game changing player is what makes good teams top 20 material.Orangefield was a top 20 team in the past because they had a solid team and a very good crunch time player in Little.Look at last years playoff loss as an example.I am a huge SETEX basketball fan but I'm also a realist and from what I've seen this year I think it's a strech to say we have that many top 20 teams in the area.A true top 20 team should expect to be in the regional tournament and I don't know how many qualifiers we will have this year.The reason I like Kountze is simple,they are sound at every position,have a good inside presence and a couple of girls who can light you up on any given night.Plus they have a very good coach.

What about last years play off lose?

Even though they lost last year in the playoffs they had the go to player that kept them in it until the very last second.Over the past several years all your good local clubs had 1 of those type players.O-field had Little,Lumberton had Pickering and Wilson,WOS had the 2 Brittany's,Silsbee had Green,HJ had Bernsen.All those clubs were ranked at one time or another and deservedly so.There just aren't alot of those type players in the area this year.I hope the girls prove me wrong,I like to see the local teams do well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4