Lamar vs. Louisville Updates/Louisville Wins!

10-9 Lamar up now 14 min left.

1-8 on 3pt FG's for us... we are way to shot happy especially when we're not making them, we aren't going to stay in the game by jacking up the 3's.

Guest coachacola

I missed the 1st half but being down by 11 to the #10 team in the country isn't bad considering LU only shot 33% and only made 1 or 12 3-pointers.  The box score says Custer and Williams started in place of Worrell and Hall, is that true?

I'm starting up espn360.com so I plan on watching the second half live.

Guest coachacola

70-47 with about 4 minutes.  Considering the blowout loss to Kentucky and the loss to Indiana State, this is a good game for Lamar.  Louisville has one of the top defenses in the country.

ESPN "Louisville had won its previous two games in the round-robin tournament by a combined 75 points. Things weren't quite so easy against Lamar, which hung around until late in the second half before Samuels and Clark -- the event's MVP -- helped Louisville pull away."

This is the hidden content, please

Guest coachacola

A 22 point loss to the #10 team in the country isn't bad.  I watched most of the second half and Lamar put up a good fight.  I'm sure that wasn't Louisville's best game as they seemed to play a little sloppy then would turn it on when they needed to.  Custer and Williams seem to be playing better each game.  I wouldn't be surprised if Williams stays in the starting lineup instead of Hall.  Miles adds a lot of energy when he's in the game.  He ran down court and knocked the ball away from a Louisville player preventing a breakaway layout without fouling him.

Brown and Dawkins both had solid games again.  Earl Clark, Louisville's stud 6-9 player (the announcers said there were 6 NBA scouts at the game) only had 6 points, which is probably why the score was a close as it was.  The game was on the Big East network and the announcers said they were talking to Billy Tubbs during the first half of the game.  I'll have to replay the game to see what he had to say.

Lamar is 6-3 and this loss should boost their rating back up a little.  They'll have 5 days to rest before Texas Tech comes to town.  Texas Tech will have not played in 10 days so Lamar may catch Tech at the right time.  I think the team is on track for a very good season.

Well, no doubt this was a stronger showing for the Cards, can be nothing but proud of the effort... tough loss last night but lets put this trip out of our minds, TIME FOR TEXAS TECH!

Well, no doubt this was a stronger showing for the Cards, can be nothing but proud of the effort... tough loss last night but lets put this trip out of our minds, TIME FOR TEXAS TECH!

mffl, you are always positive after a loss. As much as I like to "kid" and sometimes get you fellas shaken about LU,  I still have to admire your attitude. But don't get all watery eyes because I'm still going to mess with yall about LU  :P :P :P

mffl, you are always positive after a loss. As much as I like to "kid" and sometimes get you fellas shaken about LU,  I still have to admire your attitude. But don't get all watery eyes because I'm still going to mess with yall about LU  :P :P :P

Well no point on dwelling on anything after it's over, you gotta move on, there's a lot of basketball left to be played, this should be nothing but a good experience for us.

Well no point on dwelling on anything after it's over, you gotta move on, there's a lot of basketball left to be played, this should be nothing but a good experience for us.

mffl, get over it please LU  has no chance this season. You and three other people feel this way

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43