Who gets Possession?

Here's a scenerio for you refs and basketball gurus:

Team A has possession when Team B commits their 9th team foul (a non-shooting foul).  The shooter goes to the line to shoot a 1&1, misses the free throw and NO ONE makes a move to rebound the ball (I guess they were all thinking it was a double bonus).  The referee gets the ball and bounce passes it to the shooter for free throw #2 when the officials at the score table notify them it was supposed to be a 1&1.  Who gets possession now?  I thought they would go with the possession arrow but they didn't...they give it to Team B.  Anyone know the "Official Ruling" on this?  Please post...Thanks!

One of our girls was shooting, it was a one and one, but the ref didn't tell the girls so when our player shot she missed and it came right back to her...The ref under the goal took the ball from her to let her shoot what he thought was the 2nd shot but the score table buzzed the horn and told them it was 1 & 1. The poss arrow was to Orangefield, but they gave the ball to Kountze under our goal.

I dont really know the answer but how about taking the ball to center court and jumping it up just like in the old days. Kind of makes sense to me because determination of a rebound could not be made but I know the UIL will have some logical explanation of this.  :D :D :D :DThis was an excellent situation for us all to learn something. OK who out there has the correct answer.

There has got to be a ref out there who knows the answer, if not they better find out. ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4