Coach Stowers PA News Super Team Coach Of The Year

KFDM COOP

Port Arthur News

Final selections have been made for what will be the 37th annual Port Arthur News Super Team. The players chosen will gather Wednesday afternoon for a photo shoot at the Museum of the Gulf Coast, then, as always, we’ll make the official presentation in the Dec. 25 newspaper. All I can give away at this point is that Beaumont Central’s Donald Stowers is the Super Team Coach of the Year. That honor always goes to the coach whose team goes deepest into the playoffs

Port Arthur News

Final selections have been made for what will be the 37th annual Port Arthur News Super Team. The players chosen will gather Wednesday afternoon for a photo shoot at the Museum of the Gulf Coast, then, as always, we’ll make the official presentation in the Dec. 25 newspaper. All I can give away at this point is that Beaumont Central’s Donald Stowers is the Super Team Coach of the Year. That honor always goes to the coach whose team goes deepest into the playoffs

Well deserved

Does the PA News Super Team usually only include Mid-County players or does it include the entire area. I thought last year I seen mostly if not all Mid-County players but since Stowers is the Coach and he's Beaumont...I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Unless they have changed it, the PA News chooses the players/coaches from teams in their coverage area. I don't think they even go by districts but just teams. For example West Brook and PA Memorial players may be included however other teams in their district that are from the Houston area will not.

Does the PA News Super Team usually only include Mid-County players or does it include the entire area. I thought last year I seen mostly if not all Mid-County players but since Stowers is the Coach and he's Beaumont...I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Last season, the Mid-County teams had a great season while the BMT teams besides WB didn't!  This year you have Central and WB and from MC...you're only looking at the NED!

Stowers did a great job but if it is given to the team that goes the deepest I thought Kirbyville just got through playing the the state game.

I think they are referring, again, to the teams and areas that they service...while K'ville is still nearby, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they fall under their coverage or service area!

Port Arthur News

;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats