No help from Lamar for the YMBL??

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros

Yea, that was crappy.  LU police also felt the need to give me a parking ticket even though I was parked right in front of McD's Gym watching the game.  LU need to get it together...

Parking ticket for what?

I have no idea.  It said I was parked in an 'unauthorized area'.  I was parked where all the other cars were in the parking lot of the McD's gym.  I saw the LU Police when I drove in.  He didn't say nothing. His butt must have waited untill I got out and then came over and put the ticket on the window.  For whatever reason...

I have no idea.  It said I was parked in an 'unauthorized area'.  I was parked where all the other cars were in the parking lot of the McD's gym.  I saw the LU Police when I drove in.  He didn't say nothing. His butt must have waited untill I got out and then came over and put the ticket on the window.  For whatever reason...

Your supposed to have a student/faculty parking permit to park there. I wouldn't pay the ticket for that though.

My thoughts on this is that the YMBL knew what they were getting this year. Moving back to the Montagne came with some stipulations. I believe in the future, things will be scheduled better. Contrary to what Miss Walters thinks, if I am Coach Roc, I am going to have my shoot around where I am going to play my game, the Montagne, not McDonald. This is my homecourt, and for this very important home game, I would not want to have to adjust to someone else's schedule.

Lamar basketball is more important to Lamar University than the YMBL tourney is to LU and that it should be.

TUBBS is the reason for all of the headaches associated with the YMBL.

Unbelieveable, here is someone who thinks Tubbs isn't God. I take my hat off to you sir :o

Have not liked TUBBS since he came to LU 5-6 years ago or whatever it was.  He thinks that he is the be all of be all's!!!!!  Just another typical man with small man's disease or "short man syndrome"!!!!!!!!

TUBBS is the reason for all of the headaches associated with the YMBL.

Unbelieveable, here is someone who thinks Tubbs isn't God. I take my hat off to you sir :o

Have not liked TUBBS since he came to LU 5-6 years ago or whatever it was.  He thinks that he is the be all of be all's!!!!!  Just another typical man with small man's disease or "short man syndrome"!!!!!!!!

Wow! You must be a golging buddy too :o

IMO, it's Lamar's facility and they allowed YMBL to use it...if they use it, they have to use the facility according to Lamar's guidelines as it is for LU's use first and foremost...everyone may have been a bit "antsier" about this since Lu was in fact playing it's biggest non-conference home game of the year against Texas Tech.

Your supposed to have a student/faculty parking permit to park there. I wouldn't pay the ticket for that though.

I mean, that's where all the other fans parked at.  Also, I was driving the fiance's car and she is enrolled at LU and had her LU rear view mirror thingy. 

I mean, that's where all the other fans parked at.  Also, I was driving the fiance's car and she is enrolled at LU and had her LU rear view mirror thingy. 

Im a Lamar student and those guys are crazy about parking!! Its like their whole life revolves around giving parking tickets! The senior parking lot in front of Mcdonalds gym is reserved for seniors until noon when anyone can park there. I pulled in at 11:52 the other day thinking no big deal I am 8 minutes early. When I return I have a ticket that was issued at 11:58. Crazy. But just don't pay it. There is absolutely nothing they can do since you're not a student.

Guest DickVitale

Next years YMBL to be held at the Carl Parker Center on the Lamar State campus..... ;)....I will see to that!

No thanks we will stick with LU campus in Beaumont!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

You have no say in this Lazeek.... 8)......As a matter of fact, you just help get HJ back in it!!! Can you do that? :D...The Lamar State facility is a very nice venue...Don't you think so? All first round games held at the Parker Center and use THE NEW PA Memorial campus as an alternative sight for consolation bracket games...Sounds like a plan..Lets get on it folks!! ;)

Next years YMBL to be held at the Carl Parker Center on the Lamar State campus..... ;)....I will see to that!

No thanks we will stick with LU campus in Beaumont!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

You have no say in this Lazeek.... 8)......As a matter of fact, you just help get HJ back in it!!! Can you do that? :D...The Lamar State facility is a very nice venue...Don't you think so? All first round games held at the Parker Center and use THE NEW PA Memorial campus as an alternative sight for consolation bracket games...Sounds like a plan..Lets get on it folks!! ;)

Well why don't we still have the YMBL at Lamar Beaumont and have another big tourney in PA. Like the James Gamble Classic or something. That way we get mor basketball and I think we all like that! ;)

Ford Park is the answer to all the problems.

They should be bidding for UIL regional tournaments as well.

Perfect size, location, and venue.

Good point. We could invite more teams. The immediate golden triangle is small enough and all venues ( Ford Park,Montagne, McDonald and P.A. campus are all located off the highway for easy access to accomodate a major tournament. No traffic problems.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba