No help from Lamar for the YMBL??

Guest JoesBros

Guest DickVitale

Ford Park is just not a good basketball arena....Kinda like playing in Reliant ARENA in Houston...Too much wide open space, you know? Lamar U. was THE PERFECT spot for the regional tournament, and I have no idea why they chose to move it to Katy...

Ford Park is just not a good basketball arena....Kinda like playing in Reliant ARENA in Houston...Too much wide open space, you know? Lamar U. was THE PERFECT spot for the regional tournament, and I have no idea why they chose to move it to Katy...

I agree. The regional should have stayed at Lamar.

From what I'm hearing the date was changed for the YMBL from what was originally told to Lamar. Regardless it's Lamar's facilities and their teams and schedules come first. Do you think any other D1 school would change their schedules for a high school tournament. I agree with Ford Arena though it would be great to get a regular season tournament there and a regional. The seats are not too far away, if you've been to the Merrell Center you know there is plenty of distance between the seats and the court as well because an indoor football team plays there.

after hearing the arguments, this is my opinion... lamar should come first when it comes to their facilities, but if they're going to choose to host tournaments not involving lamar sports (and i assume make a decent amount of money while doing so), then they should be willing to host the tournament responsibly and fairly, which means giving teams a chance to celebrate a win before they're booted out, allowing time for a medals ceremony, etc. etc.  Now i don't know anything about a possible date change by the YMBL, but if that's the case, then i can't place much blame on Lamar in this situation.  Obviously next year they need to coincide the tournament with an away weekend for both lamar teams, or if not, the YMBL needs to find another place to play. 

Dates have been offered for the YMBL for next year. Their first choice has been denied because it was during finals week and Roc would like his teams to be playing at home. Another option has been offered when Lamar will be on the road. The original date the YMBL asked for this year was a week earlier that's why LU was on an 8 day Kentucky road trip these are the facts. I'm not sure why this side of the story wasnt given.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    333tba
    Newest Member
    333tba