BREAKING NEWS: Andre Boutte New AD Of PAISD!!!!!

Sources close to PAISD say that the district will nominate Andre Boutte to become the district's new Executive Athletic Director, which will oversee all athletic programs inside the district. 

There will be a school board meeting tonight (Thursday) and the members will vote on the recommendation to make Boutte the new director.

Boutte is the current boys head basketball coach at Ozen High School and no word yet if he would finish out the school year as the coach or start his new position at PAISD.

Memorial's Thompson to step down as Titans' head coach

MIKE TOBIAS

The Port Arthur News

PORT ARTHUR —

Ronnie Thompson, head coach of the Memorial Titans and former Thomas Jefferson Yellow Jackets head coach, has decided to step down after three seasons at the helm.

Thompson compiled a 13-17 record at Memorial, bringing his total coaching career record to 106-100-3.

He brought the Titans to the playoffs two of this three coaching seasons.

Thompson's most significant coaching moment occured when he took the Yellow Jackets to the 5A State Finals in 1980, a team that was led by current North Texas head coach Todd Dodge at quarterback.

I had no idea that Mr. Saveat knew anything about coaching.  Been knowing him a long time...

He started as a coach, he was the girls basketball coah at Ozen years ago but stepped down.  Also coached football too for several years.  Not sure if he's ready to fill such big shoes though.

man i hope this isnt true i would surely hate it if boutee left......and i dont think Saveat would be interim coach because he's the assistant principal at ozen

It has been rumored for about a week now and it seems that everything that leaked prior to tonight has come to pass.  I heard that Saveat would be the new coach at Ozen.  Not Sure how I feel about this but he has coached under Boutte for several years and knows the system.  I don't know, just trying to look at the not so dark side.  :-\

I had no idea that Mr. Saveat knew anything about coaching.  Been knowing him a long time...

I'm sorry but I had to comment on Soulja1's remarks. This is so funny because as I read the article, I was wondering the the same thing. He's never given me the impression that he knew basketball, but maybe he has learned a lot from these years at Ozen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4