**BREAKING NEWS:Memorial's Thompson to step down as Titans' Head Coach**

KFDM COOP

Memorial's Thompson to step down as Titans' head coach

MIKE TOBIAS

The Port Arthur News

PORT ARTHUR —

Ronnie Thompson, head coach of the Memorial Titans and former Thomas Jefferson Yellow Jackets head coach, has decided to step down after three seasons at the helm.

Thompson compiled a 13-17 record at Memorial, bringing his total coaching career record to 106-100-3.

He brought the Titans to the playoffs two of this three coaching seasons.

Thompson's most significant coaching moment occured when he took the Yellow Jackets to the 5A State Finals in 1980, a team that was led by current North Texas head coach Todd Dodge at quarterback.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say Amen and Thank God....

Now unless Boutte's gonna coach the Bball team also, PA needs to make the job Head Football Coach/AD and pay 1 person vs. 2 as if PA is a multischool district.  Paying another administrator is wasting money.  Get rid of Hampshire because if the Head Trainer can't order jock straps and mouthpieces under budget, he or she need to find another line of work.  I heard rumors of Stowers looking to head south plus my favorite coach who got away, Suggs, is unemployed at the moment.  So I wonder if Boob West will put out a list, or will he push Kenny the OC in name only......

Stay tuned....

First, let me say Amen and Thank God....

Now unless Boutte's gonna coach the Bball team also, PA needs to make the job Head Football Coach/AD and pay 1 person vs. 2 as if PA is a multischool district.  Paying another administrator is wasting money.  Get rid of Hampshire because if the Head Trainer can't order jock straps and mouthpieces under budget, he or she need to find another line of work.  I heard rumors of Stowers looking to head south plus my favorite coach who got away, Suggs, is unemployed at the moment.  So I wonder if Boob West will put out a list, or will he push Kenny the OC in name only......

Stay tuned....

It will be interesting where Bob goes with this.

Some of my friends was saying something about Stowers looking into the job?  is that true?   :o

That's what I heard from my neighbor who's wife is a conselor@Central.  Heard that last week.....

well i guess its true caused the folks i heard it from graduated from Central.

Guest rykerx144

Some of my friends was saying something about Stowers looking into the job?  is that true?   :o

if some of your friends told you to go jump off a bridge would you?  NO  then why would he???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats