Which Coach would be the best fit for Memorial's football team?

ice74

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let Suggs come back.  Come on, BISD.  Let's keep Stowers!

I would hate to see Stowers leave Central but I know he and the principal have been at odds.  Also, he's been wanting to move up to 5A as well.  On the other hand, Do you think that Suggs is looking to come back to this area?  

Here's my list (since we won't get one from Boob West):

Crawford of North Forest

Wilson of Lamar Consolidated

Homes of Galveston Ball

Suggs formerly of Nimitz

Stowars of Central

Of those listed, Wilson has 2 rings to go with the fact of turning LC's program around 5 years ago...

Guest rykerx144

Wilson could get the job done, but you better check the price tag before walking to the register with that one!!

Stowars would be an improvment but dont if he could turn it as quick!

Crawford and Suggs both would be great to have but would probably request to bring alot of other coaches with them and PA would lose some coaches.....but could be a good thing

I dont know enough about Homes to know how he would affect the program

Wilson could get the job done, but you better check the price tag before walking to the register with that one!!

Stowars would be an improvment but dont if he could turn it as quick!

Crawford and Suggs both would be great to have but would probably request to bring alot of other coaches with them and PA would lose some coaches.....but could be a good thing

I dont know enough about Homes to know how he would affect the program

Turning it around is gonna be a problem for anyone!  Those kids have to let go of them streets!  Whoever they get is gonna have to fight his but off to win there and XBOX won't be retained as OC...even though he didn't call plays this year....expect a more balanced attack from the Titans next year regardless of who comes in!

But you can bank on it...STOWERS WILL NOT BE GOING TO PA...THAT'S A BET! 8)

Guest rykerx144

I agree who ever takes over takes on not just a school with problems but also a town with problems!!! 

I also agree about Bowers, but nothing surprises me anymore? Its still a jump in class and sometimes coaches with the competitive nature most have see the brown grass on the other side and wonder if they can make it greener?

Unless you can site numbers of school age children commiting crimes in PA, please drop all of this 'let go of the streets' nonesense.  A switch from sissy ball to something more smashmouth would instantly turn the program around---especially if the incoming HC can empty up the staff starting with Viola and Harrison.  Well KH can coach up the WR.  I guess if PA medicated their kids like other school districts, I guess the job will be more attractive no?

Guest rykerx144

Oh I see now!! I have to be able to know exactly how many school age kids are committing crimes in Port Arthur before I can determine that there more good kids in Port Arthur turning to the streets than any other surrounding communties?  No Problem! I can ignore the obvious, just as everyone one else does!!!!!

and to call my statement NONSENSE and then suggest that the incoming HC should get rid of all the other coaches on staff, and then suggest that Port Arthur should "medicate" their kids because all the of the other 5A schools are doing it and that's why PA is not successful????????????  does anyone else have a problem with this??

Unless you can site numbers of school age children commiting crimes in PA, please drop all of this 'let go of the streets' nonesense.  A switch from sissy ball to something more smashmouth would instantly turn the program around---especially if the incoming HC can empty up the staff starting with Viola and Harrison.  Well KH can coach up the WR.  I guess if PA medicated their kids like other school districts, I guess the job will be more attractive no?

Do you really think that's what PA wants...smashmouth...they had that with Charles...if someone like Stowers we to come in, and I say again...IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...running a similar style of offense as what they did this year @ Central which is what Stowers loves...that would piss every WR off at the school and the fans sure wouldn't understand it, yelling out "Throw the ball more...these coaches are stupid...not much different than what we had here...No doubt PA has athletes...but you do have alot of drama...is this not the barber shop, can we not talk about our issues on here...y'all got issues and guess what so do we!

Oh I see now!! I have to be able to know exactly how many school age kids are committing crimes in Port Arthur before I can determine that there more good kids in Port Arthur turning to the streets than any other surrounding communties?  No Problem! I can ignore the obvious, just as everyone one else does!!!!!

and to call my statement NONSENSE and then suggest that the incoming HC should get rid of all the other coaches on staff, and then suggest that Port Arthur should "medicate" their kids because all the of the other 5A schools are doing it and that's why PA is not successful????????????  does anyone else have a problem with this??

Actually, I was reffering to those schools in 'Real America' i. e. Nederland and Port Neches.....

Do you really think that's what PA wants...smashmouth...they had that with Charles...if someone like Stowers we to come in, and I say again...IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...running a similar style of offense as what they did this year @ Central which is what Stowers loves...that would piss every WR off at the school and the fans sure wouldn't understand it, yelling out "Throw the ball more...these coaches are stupid...not much different than what we had here...No doubt PA has athletes...but you do have alot of drama...is this not the barber shop, can we not talk about our issues on here...y'all got issues and guess what so do we!

Yeah, smashmouth would work.  If not the wishbone, then the I.  Colbert was just dumb for handing off to JC 500 times a game and not throwing more.  One of those QB's left PAM and started for New Mexico 3 years.  Porterie I believe so it's possible.  Besides, teams like Trinity, Clear Lake, Katy, all run down hill and utilize play action.  The spread is for sissies and if a WR wants to quit because PAM isn't throwing enough the let them.  Football is a collision sport and it's time PAM start playing real football instead of sissy ball....

Guest rykerx144

Actually, I was reffering to those schools in 'Real America' i. e. Nederland and Port Neches.....

Oh okay, IF PNG is medicating their players then they need to find a new batch of juice!!  Cause it aint working no more!

Yeah, smashmouth would work.  If not the wishbone, then the I.  Colbert was just dumb for handing off to JC 500 times a game and not throwing more.  One of those QB's left PAM and started for New Mexico 3 years.  Porterie I believe so it's possible.  Besides, teams like Trinity, Clear Lake, Katy, all run down hill and utilize play action.  The spread is for sissies and if a WR wants to quit because PAM isn't throwing enough the let them.  Football is a collision sport and it's time PAM start playing real football instead of sissy ball....

Very True!

Guest rykerx144

It takes a very big line and a great back to run a strickly run offense.  I agree with SFA you develop your running game and use the pass to keep them honest.  A spread offense is used for teams that cannot develop a good running game and is hard to run accurately and is easily adjusted too.  A great run game with split backs or I setup with a pass threat is ideal football and anyone in the stands that is complaining about that needs to go watch a basketball game.    

Memorial needs to run a pro style offense with the "I" formation being the base formation and building from there. One year your strengths might be in your running game and the next you might have a blue chip QB who carry more load, but it is very versatile offense. You can run between the tackles, play action pass, bootleg passes, reverses, motion, counters, you can do it all, PA MEMORIAL is a North Shore waiting to happen, I know Memorial has 200lb fullbacks on campass and a 6'4"tight end somewhere, and defense should never be a weakness. They may not win state titles every year but they should go 3 or 4 rounds deep every year with the right head coach, Hopefully Boutte can bring the leadership, respect and pride back to PA, they need it, to much tallent not being used in football and basketball. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4