Have you been paying attention to TEXAS!

I have been watching closely and here is what I have noticed.  Damion James will return for another year because he is not making a strong case for the lottery.  Pittman could be a full time starter next year if he can get more aggressive. Lohnson may be a star in the James mold... Come in as an undersized power forward with bad dribbling and end up a very successful small forward.  Clint Chapman is aggresive as hell and looks like a future starter... Matt Hill is not all that good. Dogue Balbay is scared to shoot (can he shoot?), Mason will start until he graduates,  Ward will be good on defense and may end up with an offensive game too, Wangmene may never leave the bench again. 

Did you notice that Jai Luas committed to Texas... Now we have a PG for the next two years.  Starting five next year may be Pittman, Johnson, James, Mason, Lucas.  But the intriguing think is the bench... Which will have Chapman, Ward, Balbay(not sure about him yet), and three allstar recruits.  6'7 SF Jordan Hamilton=offemsive machine, 6'2"Avery Bradley = athletic offensive machine, and 6'6" Shawn Williams=big three point shooting two guard...

Texas is starting to look like next years UNC!

Jai Lucas is transferring from Florida where he started 36 games last year....averaging 8.5/game and led the Gators from behind the arc.  This is a huge pickup for the Horns.

Jai worked out my boys  this weekend and didn't mention a word about Texas. ::)

I read the article on ESPN!

This is the hidden content, please

Next years team will be nasty and even bigeer than this years team... I really want to see what Mason does off the point... I think he could be a lethal slashing wing, especially if he works on his three ball this summer.  If James doesn't leave, it may guarentee Texas to keep Hamilton for at least two years. Which means Jai's Junior year will be with him, Bradely, Willams, Hamilton, Johnson, Balbay, Ward, and Champman.  Also, they will have one of the best Frosh bigs in the country, Tristan Thompson.  If J. Brown comes in it will just be an added bonus.

Guest coach07

James is gone after this year. Take your pick for the starting lineup for next season:

Guards: Mason, Lucas, Bradley, Ward, Balbay

Forwards: Johnson, Hamilton, Chapman*, Wangmene, Hill

Centers: Pittman, Chapman*

Chapman has a * because he plays both.

I think they start Mason at one of the guard positions and either Lucas or Bradley at the other. At the forward positions will probably be Hamilton and Johnson with Pittman at center. Texas has a legit shot to win a title in the next 3-4 years. Check out the recruiting classes they have.

2009 class

2010 class

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou